Part 1 Chapter 1

Mint was on the bus staring outside the window. Excitement bubbled inside her and she just couldn't stay seated. It was today. The day when she will get it her mark for the game she played. 'The game' was a mathematics quiz  they played in maths club. Mint was sitting there and hoping that she tied with Tom who was the smartest boy in class. 

- Amber, what do you reckon you've got? She asked her best friend Amber.

- How am i supposed to know? Certainly not as good as Tom or you...

- Come on, you're pretty good at mathematics and you know that.

- I am ok but not as good as you 

- thanks.

Finally the bus stopped and everyone started shoving and pushing just to get out first. Mint and Amber got out last. They never liked to push through the crowd of people in the bus. 

- What do you have first period? - First question Mint ever asked anyone next to her locker.  Now some of you my dear readers might wonder why Mint has such an... Unusual name. Mint is not her real name. Her real name is Mintheria but Mint hates it. Kind of obvious why right?

Anyways back to the story.  Mint ran into her mathematics class and sat down at her favourite spot - the front seat. Amber burst in seconds after Mint and sighed in relief.

- I thought someone else took our spot - She explained as she sat down next to Mint

- no... - was all Mint could reply before their Mathematics teacher appeared looking worried but still cheerful.

- I'm afraid you will get your quiz results next time because i have to go to Australia for an urgent appointment. - said the teacher as he gathered his things and set of.

The students weren't taken aback by this message because their teacher was a very famous mathematician and also worked in the MAL ( Main Australian Laboratory.) That was the reason why nobody except Mint noticed his worried expression...