Chapter 3

Let's leave the girls for a minute and get to know Mint's father more. Mr. John Segway was a very famous English and Australian mathematician. Nobody except his colleges in the MAL and Mint who always played a big role in all of his investigations, knew that he was working on a very secret project which even involved time and space travel. Mr. Segway childhood wasn't exactly what a normal child would like. He lived like an outcast and his home was only for sleeping. John's mother died when he was 2 and his dad was so devastated that he forgot all about his son and spent the rest of his painful life sitting in a chair next to a billion photographs of John's mum. Meanwhile John wasn't sitting and grieving, when he turned 10 he became a pilferer. That didn't surprise John's neighbors because they all knew that a young boy like that who didn't even know the person properly can't grieve for longer than a week. Later on when John went to university the habit of stealing apples faded and he became a normal person. John's passion was mathematics and physics so when he finished university he became a math teacher and a famous scientist who worked in the MAL. If you look at him now you would never think that he used to live on the street for some time because he couldn't afford a house...