Epilogue

Chris stood in the green grass.

"Happy Birthday babe." He smiled, the sun shone down on his face, warm and friendly. "I love you."

Fluffy white clouds rolled by on a pale blue sky, Chris sat cross legged in the grass.

"How are you? I've been doing okay. Filming is good, I like being a producer."

His fingers twisted around a long piece of grass, he yanked on it and tossed it to the side.

"It's odd, sometimes it feels empty, and sometimes it feels like you're here still." He looked ahead to the slab of grey stone in front of him.

The dark letters that were carved into the stone read 'JENKINS', they were large and unfriendly. But despite their gloomy appearance Chris was happy.

"Even though I can't hold your hand, or kiss you, or hug you anymore. I enjoy spending your birthday with my girl." He picked up the bouquet he bought earlier. "Do you like the flowers? I got your favorites. We've got lilac, bluebells, pink lady slipper, baby's breath, some roses, and carnations. Just a little bit of everything."

The grass was now thicker over the grave where it was once just dirt.

"Everyone says Happy Birthday, my mom made a little cake for me, it's your favorite. And since you can't eat it, well I'm going to eat it for you." He chuckled as he pulled a small German chocolate cake from a bag near him, a fork soon followed.

"Happy Birthday Bells." He took a big bite relishing the flavors of chocolate and coconut.

Chris was quiet for a long time, just enjoying cake in the sunshine.

"I miss you." He said finally. "It isn't the same anymore."

"I wish you could come back to me. I need you." His forehead rested on the warm stone. "I need you."

--------------------------------------

A/N

This is the end. Thanks so much for reading!

In memory of my mom,

January 13, 1966 - September 22, 2015