Sharing, caring and surprising

Suganya stealthily entered Adhitya's room. She had planned to frighten him once he was out from the bathroom. She hid behind the peach coloured window curtains and waited patiently for him to come out. She imagined that he would only have the towel tied around the rear part of his body. She had had a liking for his muscular chest, when she had secretly admired him a few months ago. She pictured that as soon as she frightened him, he would hug her tightly. She would melt in his arms and revel in the passionate moment. Then, she would peck him on his cheek and run away. She laughed at her own thoughts. She decided that that kiss would do the trick. Adhitya would come to know about her feelings for him. Before her imagination could run still wild, she heard the bathroom door being opened. Out came a fully dressed Adhitya! A huge amount of her expectations went into the trash can. But she decided to give a try.

"Booooooo!" She jumped out from the curtains.

"Aaaaaaa!" Adhitya let out a mild shout, but it was rather in a mocking tone.

Suganya was taken aback. Her face turned pale.

"You didn't get frightened?"

"Ha ha ha..." He laughed sarcastically.

"What's so funny about it?" Her tone turned angrier. At times, she could never understand him.

"I knew you were here. I have a pair of high-decibel ears which can make out even the slightest sound on this planet. How could I have missed your anklet sounds?"

Suganya bit her tongue childishly. But soon, frustration climbed on her face.

"But, Adhi, you know....." She slowly moved towards him. He retraced a few steps back and signalled her to stop.

"Don't move another inch. If you do, I'll inform about your notorious activities to your parents."

"Notorious?" Her eyes brimmed with tears.

"Yes! Keep away from me." Adhitya turned around and rummaged through his cupboard. Suganya scuttled back to her room, with hot tears streaming down her eyes.

As soon as she went, he changed into new clothes from his old clothes which he had hurriedly worn while listening to Suganya's anklet sounds in his room!

*****

"Hmmm...you smell good today!" vociferated Aishwarya, glancing at Adhitya, who had seated beside her.

"Thank you! It's Brut which was gifted by one of my aunts. She had got it from USA. By the way, you're turning naughty with each passing day." He chuckled.

"What?! I will kill you da." She replied in mock anger.

"And you're also addressing me with a 'da'. Actually, I love that." He declared.

"That's because I feel comfortable with you. And you're the first boy to whom I had used 'da'. So you are someone special to me." The next moment, she wished she hadn't told him that.

"Really?" Adhitya's eyes gleamed.

"Adhi, I...."

"How special am I to you?"

"I meant you're a special friend." She turned uneasy. Though she bravely spoke out the word 'friend', her heart just couldn't agree with her mind. The past one month with Adhitya had seemed like a dream come true for her. With him around, she was always happy. But she was constantly reminded of Manohar. She convinced herself that her relationship with Adhitya was purely platonic and nothing more than that.

"Well, you too." That was a curt reply from him.

"Adhi, I have to tell you something. Can we delve into personal issues?"