Final Chapter

Light swallowed. He didn't want to overthink, and at this moment he couldn't think at all. He knew what he and Misa had wasn't love, it was him simply using her as a pawn in his game and her being blinded by her one sided feelings.

Light had had flings throughout his high school life. Nothing ever too stupid, a simple date or two with some girls. He was popular, and thought that was a great quality. However, he never felt anything when he was with them. He never took anything farther than just a kiss.

That took his thoughts down a whole other path. Maybe he was gay. He knew there was nothing wrong with it, but never imagined he could possibly be, until now.

There was no way Light could explain something he hardly understood himself. Light honesty didn't know what true love was. He had read about it and seen it in countless movies and books, but he had never experienced what he believed to be love until the recent strange urges to kiss L and the weird attraction that had  began. But was that love?

Light laughed a little. "This is funny. We are both the smartest people in the world, yet this one topic has us both thrown for a loop."

L but his thumb harder. " I thought you knew Light-Kun. Aren't you and Misa in a relationship?"

Light shrugged. "I don't love her."

L nodded. "Interesting."

Light looked at L quizzically. "What is that supposed to mean?"

L looked at Light. " I never would want you to love Misa Amane."

Light felt his heart beat faster. "Why is that?!"

L shrugged and smiled. "There is not really a reason I can explain, but I just have a weird feeling deep down when I would see her being affectionate with you."

Light swallowed. Jealousy. Light knew what L was experiencing jealousy, and had to say he would too if someone was hugging and touching L the way Misa touched him.

Cursing himself silently he sighed. "That emotion would be jealousy, L"

L nodded. "I would rather Misa not do those things at all, or be the one doing it in her place."

Light stared at the detective in surprise. What the heck?!? So he was admitting he did like him like that!? The way he liked L.

Light was startled beyond measure. It was the best confession someone who completely couldn't understand could offer. Light couldn't stop the words that tumbled out of his mouth next.

"I would love for you to take her place."

L's pale face lit up. "And if I did, what would that be called Light-Kun? It is definitely beyond friendship."

Light nodded. "A relationship. Something that could eventually become-"

"Love." L filled in the last word to Light's sentence with a grin.

Light felt his stomach flip. There was no going back now. The feelings were out there. He was in fact, after this exchanging these words, sure he was attracted to L. That he was into men, not ladies as he had always forced himself to believe. But he was only into one man, and that was L. He could not believe things had gone this way. He still was Kira, and wanted to rule the world, but if L had to be in the way of that, he didn't think he could do it.

All his plans would be flushed down the toilet. Everything he believed he would become would never happen. But was that so bad as long as he had L?

Light couldn't help himself. He stumbled to L and smashed their lips together.

His mind was screaming In panic. He couldn't believe he had just done this. He kissed L passionately, and L was surprisingly a good kisser.

When Light finally pulled away, he looked L in the eyes.

"How did you get that good at kissing?"

L shook his head. "They say those who can tie cherry stems in their mouths are good kissers, and I just so happen to be one of those people."

Light rolled his eyes. Of course it had to do with some type of sweet.

Light stood straight up and fixed his jacket. He still had one question that was probing his mind he wanted to ask. He thought he knew the answer, but wanted to confirm it.

"So did you actually understand what love was the whole time?"

A playful smile lit up L's eyes.
"Light-Kun, of course I knew what it was. I know what you do to express your love to someone as well. I just never knew what it felt like to love until meeting you."

Light nearly collapsed. Not ten minutes in to admitting their attraction to each other, and L was saying he loved Light.

That's another thing that drew Light in. L being unpredictable. It is what had always made the game fun.

"L, you never cease to surprise me."

L nodded. "That's why the game we participated in for so long was fun. Our minds are almost alike. And now we both know what lies in each others."

Light thought back to the switching bodies experience. That was the strangest thing that had ever happened to him. The question of how it happened, Light had on idea what the answer was. It was as if fate was forcing a way for the two to understand each other and lead to this. It was creepy, but good in a sense.

"So, what are we going to do about Kira?"

L quizzically looked at Light, waiting for a further explanation.

"If we're going to be together, shouldn't we wrap this case up? How are you planning on doing that?"

L blinked. "Of course. That's simple. We turn in Misa as Kira. She seems as if she would do anything you asked, so I believe if you told her to turn herself in, she would without a second thought."

Light had to agree. If Light told Misa to do anything in the name of love, she would. She was head over heels for Light and that ultimately was leading her to her downfall.

Light nodded. "Will do. Then all the Problems will be gone, and we can be happy."

L smiled. "The problems are already gone. We just have to put our plans into action."

Light captured L in a hug. "You are definitely going to make me fall in love with you."

He would fall in love with this man, and the plans would all go great In the end.

He may not have become God of a new world, but he had gained something as good as that.

Someone to love for as long as he may live.

THE END!!!

Okay, so around a year ago I started this story, and now it's finally over! I've enjoyed writing this story, and I thank all or any of you who've stuck around from the Beginning! It sure has meant a lot with my super slow updating! I'm sorry if this seemed too soon, but I was out of ideas and felt this was a good conclusion. If any of you want to continue this, just private message me for permission! I would create another cheater advertising your continuation! I feel that would be pretty cool to see happen.

Once again, thank you my dear readers, and please stick around with me! I have many more book plans for the future!