Chapter 1

---------------------------A/N--------------------------------
First of all,if you did not read the Description/Authors Note,Please go back and read that so you can understand the story!

Yay! The first chapter! I have been so excited to write this and share it with you,my lovely readers. For this fan fiction,I am going to try to make my chapters longer,and add more detail so it will be much more interesting. Also this will always pay more attention to Light's feelings so you will have  to guess more at L 's. Also,i change L's death,so Rem does not kill him! I'm sure this makes everyone happy. Remember,this story is based off of the song,"Beautiful" By Eminem. I suggest you listen to that song,it's amazing! ^_^. Now, please enjoy my story.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Light let out a sigh as he leaned back in his chair,trying to relieve his back of some of the stress in it from sitting in the same position all day. The  rolling chair he was in leaned back along with him, causing him to feel the satisfaction of a perfect stretch.

All day as usual, he, the NPA, and L had been working on the Kira case. Although Light was Kira,he had to help in order to help prove his innocence on being Kira. He had even went to the extent of relinquishing ownership of the Death Note, causing him to lose all of his memories associated with it and then asking L to put him into confinement to prove this. However, Light had fixed everything perfectly so he would regain his memories after touching the death note when he was on the plane with L catching Higuchi.

After this,he had Misa get the other Notebook back from where he had buried it so she could regain her memories and get the shinigami eyes again to just become another pawn in Light's game of chess towards creating the New World.

Light had her do these things so she could kill the one obstacle that stood in Light's way, L. However,Rem beat her to it but unfortunately before she could write L 's real name into her notebook,she had already turned to dust. Rem had failed him,although she did manage to kill Watari,which helped a bit.

Unfortunately, all Rem really had done was cause more problems for Light. L had banned Misa from being at the investigation building period. This was both helpful and a set-back for Light. He was happy he would have a break from the bubbly over attached blonde for once,but needed her eyes to find out L 's true name so she could write his name down and kill him.

L also forced Light to live at the investigation center so he  could be watched because L once again had Light under suspicion of being Kira after the shinigami had killed Watari.

Once again,this delayed any of Light's chances to kill the detective. He let Misa borrow his copy of the Death Note,therefore he was able to keep his memories and still have ownership. As much as these things set him back,there was one thing that Light hated most. After his last confinement,L had chained himself to Light so he could watch him all of the time. L had removed the chains around the time of Higuchi's capture. Sadly,after all of the new suspicion focused on Light because of Rem, L had once again chained himself to Light.

Light had eventually made up his mind to delay killing L to a later date,when he actually had a chance to. It seemed as if no matter how much Light tried to find a way to end his greatest enemy's life,he always failed because of L 's suspicion. This is what frustrated him most. That and the fact that L actually considered Light his only friend. If only he knew Lights true intentions.

Light slumped back down into his usual position in the chair. The chain on his wrist made a clinking sound against the arm of the chair,reminding Light of his horrible situation.

It was currently 2:00 A.M. Light was exhausted,due to being awake all day long,and staying up through late hours to "work" with L. After 10:00, when L would tell Light they were going to move things upstairs into their room to work at the small desk in front of the bed that was hardly ever slept in, he would just play around with the computer and try to not let sleep take him.