•Till Death Due Us Part•

(Your PoV)

With a cold, boney hand I softly took my husband's hand into mine. It was a hand I was familiar with, even after all these years I could still tell this one hand out of a million. It became a hand I learned to love, but that's not all I came to love over the years.
I loved everything about him, from the day I met him till this very day. I've loved his charcoal hair which has now unfortunately turned into an ashy grey, his steel eyes that've never faltered through all the hardships we've faced, and even his scowl that has become permanently glued onto his face. I love Levi Ackerman with my whole heart, but who wouldn't love their soulmate?
Levi seemed to have noticed my touch because when I did touch him, he squeezed my hand back and continued to walk down the small path our nursing home has provided for us.
It was nice, living together with Levi in this secure retirement home. Of course, Levi hates calling it a retirement home, he calls it "An Extended Hotel for Old Geezers." It somehow ends up making me laugh so hard I almost cough up a lung.
Even though we're old and coming to the end of our physical road, we both seem to know that whatever happens, our spiritual road is infinite.
I said to Levi as I slowly tucked a piece of my grey hair behind my ear,

"Do you think we're going to die soon Levi?" He looked at me and I could see the hurt in his eyes. I know it was a harsh question, but everyone goes through it whether they like it or not. He sighed slightly before clicking his tongue.

"I'm already old enough (Y/N) saying stuff like that is going to shave off more years than do me any justice. Of course we aren't going to die. Remember when we told the kids we were going to live forever? We can't go back on that promise." I smiled at the memory and nodded.

"I guess your right. After all these years, you've managed to still love me like we're newly weds." Levi stopped and looked straight into my eyes. We had a little staring contest until Levi said,

"You're still you (Y/N). You're still that beautiful woman I fell in love with since day one, why would I treat you any different now?" I chuckled softly and agreed with him.

"Okay, okay. You haven't changed much either. Remember when I told you if you furrowed your eyebrows enough they'd get stuck that way?" I smirked a little and tapped the spot between his eyebrows. I managed to let out a laugh before feeling pain in my lungs and coughing. Levi looked around for a little bit before seeing a bench near us.

"Let's go sit over there sweetheart." He led me over to the bench before sitting down and placing me on his lap. I smiled and said,

"Levi! We haven't done something like this in a while, I'm getting nervous." Levi scoffed and rubbed my back soothingly, as to try and make all my pain go away. I sighed happily and leaned up against his chest.

"We may be old Levi, but I still love you all the same." I felt Levi's cold lips against my forehead before he whispered,

"And you, I."

(Levi's PoV)

(Y/N) could feel it. Getting older and coming to the end. I hated to think it, but so was I. I didn't want to believe it, I didn't want to have to leave her. This woman had become my saving grace, the reason I live. Without her, where would I be now?
When I felt (Y/N)'s hand on mine, I didn't show it but my heart jumped a little. Even now I can still feel that spark of excitement and love that I felt the first time I held her hand. She may be old and boney, but she's still my (Y/N). (Y/N) asked me,

"Do you think we're going to die soon Levi?" That question felt like a million needles into my heart all at once. It made the situation even worse for me. I didn't want to leave her. Not now, and not ever. I thought back to a memory from when I was talking to my children. Farlan was 7 while Isabelle was 5. They asked me and (Y/N),

"Mommy, Daddy, will you ever die?" Me and (Y/N) looked at each other before I spoke.

"Are you kidding me brat? We're never going to die." And that was that. Even till this day I still think they believe it a little bit inside.
I looked over at (Y/N) as she pushed a piece of her grey hair behind her ear and said something about loving her like a newly wed. We stared at each other for a while before I tried to conceal a blush and said,

"You're still you (Y/N), you're still that beautiful woman I fell in love with since day one. Why would I treat you any different now?" I could tell she was flustered. She always avoided my gaze whenever she was. I found that incredibly adorable, of course I'd rather take it to the grave that embarrassing myself with saying it.
She said something about my eyebrows which I chose to ignore because she always makes fun of them. What I did hear was (Y/N) coughing and almost wheezing a great deal. I looked around to find a bench before saying,

"Let's go sit over there sweetheart." I led her to the bench and sat down before pulling her on to my lap. I almost felt my hip bone pop when she sat down but I didn't really care. For me, it felt like me and (Y/N) were 50 years younger and I couldn't help but enjoy it. She gasped and said in a happy tone,

"Levi! We haven't done something like this in a while, I'm getting nervous!" I held back a laugh as I thought back on the things we did when we were younger. We sure were young, and we took advantage of that.
I started to rub (Y/N)'s back, hoping to sooth her pain. I might not show it all the time, but I really do worry about her. (Y/N)'s always been a tough woman and seeing her like this breaks me a little. (Y/N) leaned up against me and said,

"We may be old Levi, but I still love you all the same." I smiled and pressed a kiss against her forehead. Showing her that I knew and felt the same way. I replied,

"And you, I." We stayed there for a bit, enjoying each other's warmth. That's what we lived off of, each other. If I didn't have (Y/N), I would be deader than a door nail by now. And I know without me, (Y/N) wouldn't feel the same love that I hold and cherish for her.
     Needless to say, the term "Till Death Due Us Part" doesn't apply to us. It doesn't apply to me and (Y/N) because even after death, we will still be together for all of eternity. I had no doubt in my mind, and neither did (Y/N).