•Grandchildren•

"I'm pregnant."

     When those word's left your daughter, Isabelle's, mouth, your husband Levi spit out the tea he was drinking.

"Y...you're what?" The tears were swelling in your eyes at realization of what your daughter had actually said. Isabelle chuckled and said,

"Daddy I'm going to have a baby! And you're going to be a grandfather again." Levi's eye twitched and his face scarily turned to Isabelle's husband, Cody, who was already anxious from Levi's presence to begin with.

"You knocked up my baby girl and got her pregnant without my consent?" You mentally face palmed and rested your hand on Levi's leg to calm him.

"Levi I think you're overreacting. Isabelle is married and if she thinks she's ready for a baby, then just be happy for her." You smiled and squeezed his leg a little to hard, making Levi a little cautious and intimidated. He sighed and looked at Isabelle with a hard face.

"Okay, but if you need anything, and I mean anything, you come to your mother and I. And I swear if this cheeky mother fu-" "LEVI ACKERMAN!" You stopped him mid-sentence and gave him a death glare daring him to continue his sentence. Levi sighed and cleared his throat.

     Isabelle and Cody hugged each other in relief and came over to you. They both hugged you before you watched as Isabelle and her father shared a compassionate hug. Levi whispered something in her ear, making her giggle and smile happily. You could see a small smile on Levi's face as well as he watched her laugh. Maybe he was finally accepting that his baby girl wasn't just his anymore? Or maybe he was putting up a facade and planning Cody's death in his mind. Either way, you were glad there was a smile on his face.

     After a while, Isabelle and Cody left and you and Levi decided that bed time could come a little early tonight.

     You hopped into bed (not literally) and used Levi's arm as a pillow as you snuggled closer to him. He pulled the covers over your shoulders and ran his fingers through your hair.

"So we're going to be grandparents, huh?"  Levi asked as he looked at you questioningly.

"You know you're happy." You said as you smiled at him. Levi pulled his arm from under your head and turned his body away from you.

     You both sat there in silence before Levi said in a quiet voice,

"It's hard..seeing that little girl I used to play princesses with all grown up and starting her own family. I don't want to believe it." You smiled at his honest words and wrapped your arms around him from behind while your forehead rested on his back.

"Levi, she's brave and responsible and you know that. She's got to move on and do the things that she wants to do in life. Believe me, I know there's still a part of her that thinks that she's that little girl too but she's all grown up now, and she's about to bring another life into this world." Levi heaved a sigh and turned to face you once again. He kissed your forehead and brought your head into his chest.

"Do you think I'm still her favorite man though?" An imaginary tick mark appeared on your forehead at his question. You lightly hit his back and whispered,

"Of course you are, but don't worry about that now. Worry about sleeping old man, you need it."

"Old man?! Tch, if I'm old then you're ancient." You snorted at his lame comeback and said,

"But you're older then me." Levi blushed slightly and brushed his black almost grey hairs now out of his face.

"Just shush." Levi turned and pulled the sting on your lamp, making the room go completely dark. You whispered,

"Goodnight darling." Levi replied instantly,

"Goodnight (Y/N)."