Four

Gabe woke me up. I grunted. My face had fallen on the remote while I slept. And the buttons were no imprinted on my face. I rubbed it. My face throbbed. It would take forever for my skin to go back to normal. I looked at the clock it was already  8:30. I stood and ran around my house I had ten minutes to be out the door. I couldn't be late. I need to have good grades I need a scholarship. I ran to my room and but on a black t short with black skinny jeans. I don't really care about clothes. Or fashion in that matter.

I tied my hair in a messy bun I really don't have time. I stuffed my binder and notes into my bag. I ran out of my room but completely forgot my shoes. I went back and put them on. I would have to run to school or I would be late. My hand was just wrapping around the door knob when Gabe screamed "sky some guys here he says he wants to drive you to school!" I stopped in my tracks. I heard laughing coming from the kitchen. I went to the living room and peered out the window. Carson sat on the front porch.

He is very persistent. I'll give him that. I quickly left. "Took you ages sky. And why does it look like there is a remote on your face?" I felt my cheeks flush. "I fell asleep on the remote..." He laughed to the point where he was almost crying. I frowned. I am very stupid. I already know that he doesn't need to remind me. I rubbed my face trying to remove the imprint. "That's cute sky. Let's go." He stood up and went to his car. I had to run too keep up.

But he didn't slow his pace. I sat in the passenger seat. The pretty reckless blared through the speakers. I hummed the lyrics in my head. "Why don't you sing sky?" He asked me. I thought of the answer. I wasn't going to tell him that I had been told many times that people would rather crack glass over their head then listen to me. "Oh I don't sing because it's not my thing." He frowned. "What is your thing?" I don't really have a thing. Except maybe art? But no one knows about that.

"I don't have a thing." He frowned again. His eyebrows furrowed from confusion. His words from the other day echoed in my head  you are a puzzle I will soon figure out. What if he was close? What if he figures me out? Then I would definitely be screwed. I mentally scolded myself. It wouldn't be so bad if someone figured me out. Maybe someone would finally understand.