Seven

I felt the warmth escape my body. My eyes shot open. Ella stood over me she pulled my blanket off. I glared at her then grunted. My body still ached. Even though the incident occurred a week ago. But now I had to deal with school. She turned on her heels and then left my room. She was never this quite. This made me think. What if she blames me for moms outburst? What if she believes its my fault? I tried to push those thoughts to the back of my head. But they wouldn't budge. So I just ignored them.

I went to my closet and pulled on my blue jeans. And grey sweater. My eye was still bruised, but no one from school cares. Gabe screamed "Sky carsons here for you!" I stopped in my tracks. We hadn't talked in a week. But I admit I really want to talk to him. I took the stairs two at a time. And rushed out the door. Gabe laughed at me. I was in his car within seconds. He stared at my bruised eye I smiled. Trying to take the awkwardness away. But it didn't work. It just made him frown.

"You could have left skylar." He whispers. I know he wanted me to leave badly but I couldn't I can't. "I know you think you know what's best but you don't. And it's better if you don't." His eyebrows furrowed. Than he started the car. He sped to school. We made it just in time. But he didn't talk to me. Didn't even say good bye. During class my mind was on Carson the whole time. I couldn't focus. A feeling was deep inside. Affection? Self hatred? Most likely the second one.