1: Intro

《Happy birthday baby girl and I hope that although you're in heaven you're still having fun and happy. R.I.P. Aaliyah. I was going to publish this later because I wasn't so sure about this chapter being the first one, but this chapter introduces some key players and give a little feel about them. Anyways, I hope this is okay. Deuces!✌》
_______

Aaliyah

'Is it bad that I never made love but I sure know how t-'

"You know how to what?" I jumped startled whirling around to face my snickering best friend, Jamya. I gave her the bitch face and went back to singing along to the song blaring away inside my ear through my earphones. "Liyah, do you even know how loud you was singing? 'Cause i'm sure the entire cafeteria didn't hear you", she teased and I shrugged. "Let'em hear then. So where you coming from, missy?", I responded. "Trig. like damn, when are we going to use that shit? Bitch, all I need to do is know how to count and measure. All of that other shit is irrelevant, luckily I had some eye candy to look at while I was in there though", she ranted making me chuckle. "What guy you crushing on now, My?", I asked with an eye roll.

She sighed dreamily, "Two words: Zayn Malik. Got damn that man is fine. Girl I would crawl on all fours for him if he asked me to", she said fanning herself. I raised a brow and reached into my bag pulling out an extra bottle water for her. "Here 'cause you sound thirsty, girl", I said making her suck her teeth, but she took it anyway. I went back to singing and writing until I felt an arm go around my shoulders making me close my journal. I already knew who it was by the smell of his Cologne before I even looked up at him. "Hey, my beautiful chocolate goddesses", Jawaad said sitting down beside me smiling.

I roll my eyes taking his arm from around me. "What you want Jawaad? You been bothering us for like a week now and every damn day you get the same response to ja-leave so what's new today?", Mya questioned looking peeved. I almost laughed but my parents taught me not to be rude so I held. I crossed my legs, kicking her under the table. She glared at me, "Kick me again, bitch", she threatened and I just smiled innocently. "Anyways, what's up Ad (odd)?", I said ignoring Mya's attitude.

He smiled, "Well before someone copped an attitude, I was going to ask if y'all wanna come to our party we throwing Friday night. So you interested, Yah?", he responded throwing his arm around my shoulders again. "Who the fuck is we, Jawaad? Don't nobody like your lame ass", Jamya said rudely making me screw up my face. "See, that's why you don't have a man now. You're too much of a bitch for anyone to stick around your ass. You act like you're just the best damn thing to grace Allah's green earth when you're not. For your info, it's me and Zayn. We're throwing a party Friday and Aaliyah we'd both like it if you came. I have to go, bye Yah", he responded with an attitude of his own before standing up and walking off.

I watched him go before redirecting my attention back to Jamya. "You hurt his feelings", I said, voice monotone. She sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes. "Good. He'll leave us alone now. So you going to the party Friday? I am", she responded. I shrugged opening my journal again and began writing, ignoring her as she began going on about something. She snapped her fingers in front of my face snapping me out of my trance.

I looked up at her with my eyebrow raised. She rolled her eyes, "I asked you to come shopping with me so we can pick out outfits for the party and I help you not look like these dudes walking around campus", she said throwing shade. "Nope. I'd rather dress like a boy than a thot any day. Besides, Jawaad didn't say that you were invited", I responded with a sarcastic smile. She sucked her teeth, "He don't run nothing and Zayn's gonna be there so I have to be there. It's mandatory for my man", she said with an attitude. I hummed and closed my journal before standing up. "Where's you going, A?", Mya asked looking up at me.