11: Shaky Grounds

《I left you with a cliffhanger last chapter, but here is the pre-aftermath of the accident. I hope that you like this chapter. Drop a vote/ comment, yeah? Deuces!✌

P.s. This is unedited.
_______

'Hold
Hold on
Hold on to me
Cause I'm a little unsteady
A little unsteady

Mother, I know
That you're tired of being alone
Dad, I know you're trying
To fight when you feel like flying

If you love me, don't let go
If you love me, don't let go'

-X-Ambassadors (Unsteady)

________

Zayn

I need a smoke so bad right now. This feels so wrong. Then why am I here? 'Because it is where you belong', my conscious whispered. I sighed rubbing my head. I miss my hair. I need something to tug on and now that it is gone I have nothing to pull on, but my ears. That is not happening.

She has not woken up since the accident. My baby girl has been unconscious for nearly a day now and shows no sign of waking up anytime soon. She suffered the most trauma from the accident, but I think that I did. I mean emotionally. We were hit in what seems like the blink of an eye. The driver of the other car had just hit us and drove off leaving us to pick back up the pieces they left us in.

I really need a cigarette, spliff, something to make all of this hurt less. They will not even let me see her and the constant texts from LaLa and Waad are getting on my nerves. Since they were in the backseat they had only gotten shaken up with a few cuts and scrapes from broken glass. I had been knocked unconscious momentarily from hitting my head on the window and had gotten a cut on my brow that needed a few stitches to close up, but I was fine. Why could my baby girl not be so lucky? The other car had hit her door head on, sending us spinning out of control due to the force and speed that they were traveling.

We had hit another car before finally stopping. I was barely conscious when Karla's screaming alerted me that something was terribly wrong. Aaliyah was unconscious with her arms wrapped around her midsection protectively as blood streamed down her face from what looked like a head wound. I could not tell what was all wrong with her but I knew that she needed to get to a hospital before shit got worse.

⏪flashback⏪

"Aaliyah!?", LaLa screamed from the backseat. I was drowsy and could barely keep my eyes open. I groaned, my head lulling to the right. "Zayn!? Zayn, wake-up!", Waad shouted shaking my shoulders. "M' up. Wh-what?", I mumbled. "C'mon, Liyah! Wake-up! Wake-up, Aaliyah!", LaLa screamed frantically.

I was so out of it and my ears were ringing. I somehow managed to look at my baby girl and when I did my breath hitched. "Baby girl?", I whispered teetering on the brink of consciousness. She did not respond. Karla was shaking her and screaming for her to wake up but she never did, not even stir. I felt my eyes well up with tears as it slowly began setting in.

"Baby girl!? Aaliyah!? Baby, wake-up!", I yelled shaking her myself. My eyes were fluttering but I refused to slip into unconsciousness again before I knew that she had woken up. However, that did not happen. She did not wake-up and by the time the paramedics showed up she had stopped breathing. LaLa was crying in Waad's arms whispering a prayer in Spanish while I was barely coherent and sobbing because she would not even twitch. All I heard was the sound of sirens screaming off into the distance and the sound of crunching metal.