31 - Do You Have the Time

There's no truth anymore. ~Johnny Depp

Michael's POV

I sat watching Luke's every move, he seemed nonreactive to everything. Which was weird for him, usually he was more likely to jump at every sound when he was unnerved. So was something wrong, or was he perfectly fine?

I took a step off to the side and walked around him, he was shoving things inside of his bag and paying little attention to what I was doing. Eventually he zipped it up and took a step back before slamming the locker shut. He turned to me and cocked an eyebrow, it almost seemed as if he was glaring at me.

"Uh.." I said quietly and he looked me up and down.

"What's gotten into you?" He asked and I felt as if it was my turn to be shocked. What had gotten into me?

"Nothing," I replied. "You're the one who has been acting weird all day." Luke let out a sigh of annoyance before gesturing for me to follow him down the hallway as he took slow long strides. He shoved his hands deep in his pockets and took in a deep breath as his eyes closed. They opened again when he released his breath, but there was something in them that looked nervous.

"I don't think you would want to follow me." Luke said. "I'm going smoking, so I don't think you would want to be around."

"No, I-I'll go." I said and Luke turned to me with an amused look. "What's that face for?"

"You don't know what you're getting yourself into." Luke chuckled and I almost wanted to slap him for it, but I held my fists tight in spot and followed him as he walked outside and found his little band of drug addicts.

"What's he doing?" Karla asked, there was nothing spiteful in her voice. She actually looked slightly concerned with the fact.

"I dunno, he said he wanted to come along. So here he is." Luke gave a mischievous smirk and began to walk alongside Barbie. I let out a sight sigh. They almost looked like two models you might see on a magazine. They were both dressed in such a way and done up in more ways than one, they might even be staring in a movie together.

I scratched my upper arm and bit down on my lip. I heard a slight chuckling beside me and turned to see Sammy smiling at me. I shot him a glare which only made him laugh a little more.

"What are you laughing at?" I scoffed.

"You." Sammy snickered. "What's the look on your face for? You've seen Barbie and Luke together before."

"Shut up." I snapped. This only seemed to provoke Sammy more. I folded my arms and looked off to the side before letting my eyes drift back to the happily laughing duo in front of me. Luke always looked so better with anyone besides me. It made sense though. After all, I was sure Luke was not as convinced to be with me as I was to him. 

It was a never-ending cycle of doubt.

Then I thought back to when I would see Kody and Luke in the hallways, the little whispers he always planted in his ear and how happy both of them seemed together. It was actually only recently when Luke was walking down the hallway alone did something seem off about them. I would ask if it was always that way, or maybe it never was, but I feared his reaction of the question. 

Luke's eyes turned to me and I could see the smirk on the corner of his mouth. Something about this was wrong, but I had no idea what to say to it. 

I followed the bandits back to Barbie's house - I am assuming, but she unlocked it - and when I walked inside I was shocked to see how clean it was, the high standard of living she had. 

"Michael are you sure you want to be here?" I heard Riley hiss in my ear and I felt chills run up and down my spine. I nodded my head, and Riley gave that same mischievous smirk. He leaned closer to me and said something that I never think anyone should hear. "Kody couldn't show you your place, but I can handle that." I went wide eyed but he just walked off.

I had a feeling Riley was a hard person to please from the moment I met him, but I now knew it to be true. I looked him up and down as he chatted with Luke. They both looked like they enjoyed speaking to one another, but I could tell by the look on Skarlet's face that she thought otherwise. 

She cleared her throat and pulled Luke off to the side. It was odd, everyone seemed to be chatting up Luke except for me. Part of me knew I did not have to, but the other part was too busy worrying about everything that was going on to do anything. 

And then I heard it, the click of a lighter as I watched the light flicker in Karla's hands, it was not too bad, she only lit a cigarette and put it to her mouth. It was when Barbie placed an assortment of glass shapes on the table that I felt my stomach twist. 

"Maybe you should just get out of here," I heard Axel say behind me. "Not to be mean, but we just aren't your crowd. I don't want you to feel like you have to do anything." I let out a sigh, I knew he had a valid point, and I was feeling extremely uncomfortable. But how would that look for me to just duck out? "They won't even remember you left tomorrow." Axel answered the question that I was afraid to ask. "They will barely remember anything." 

I took a deep breath, and instantly regretted it, feeling my lungs fill with Karla's smoke. I coughed slightly and tried to hide it as best as I could, although Axel noticed and chuckled slightly. "Get out of here before you get yourself hurt." 

"I don't understand you people." 

"We don't understand ourselves either, part of the nature of it all." Axel said. "In fact, you're one of the few that doesn't label us as hoodlums. I would hate for you to have any ill feelings due to what you might see." 

I nodded my head and turned and walked for the door. I casted my eyes downward, I felt like a coward but I was not about to watch people kill themselves. 

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Ariana

I know, I was gone for like ten years. I know. I'm sorry. For some reason I've just been really busy and every second I have not been busy I have literally been trying to climb ranks in various video games and that's not even a joke. And I totally did not read this over before posting it. So please don't point it out because I know there are typos. Thank you. 

You love me though so it's okay =3 

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX