Chapter 13

Thank you to all the people who are following this story,  you have no idea how happy it makes me when I see another vote/fan/comment, especially on these later chapters :) This one's very dramatic, so I hope you enjoy it :D

---------------------

Olivia glanced up at the clock for about the seventeenth time that lesson to see that hardly any time had passed since she had last checked, much to her dismay. She sighed and tried to concentrate on the work that was set in front of her, but her mind was too preoccupied – she hadn’t seen Alyssa since the locker incident and Chelsie was still sat in the chair in front, oblivious to what was supposed to be happening. Why hadn’t she been called in yet? Alyssa was supposed to have been going to see Mr Delmar soon after they’d planted the stuff in, but there had been no announcements or anything of the kind.

"Olivia – have you even started on the questions?"

She looked up to see the teacher staring straight at her, with a firm look on her face.

"Oh, um, yeah…" she said, vaguely, pretending to write onto the piece of paper until she looked away once more. How could she concentrate when they’d done something like this? Any minute now, Chelsie was going to get called in, get in so much trouble, maybe even be chucked out of school. Her whole life would be ruined – she knew how hard she had worked to get into this school, and it probably hadn’t been any easier for Chelsie.

Of course, she and Alyssa knew that the drugs were fake, but it would be another thing convincing Mr Delmar of that. She felt so guilty for letting Alyssa talk her into something of that magnitude – all she had wanted was a little revenge, to get her back for the things Chelsie had said. It had gone way too far.

"Uh, miss, can I go to the bathroom?" she called out, biting her lip.

Miss Gray, another chart-topper on the list of the strictest teachers in the school, narrowed her eyes at Olivia suspiciously.

"On the conditions that you come back quickly and actually do some work on your return," she said, reluctantly removing a hall pass from her desk drawer.

"Thanks." Olivia got up from her seat and made her way to the front of the class, but before she could reach out and take the slip of paper that Miss Gray was holding, the sound of Mr Delmar’s voice coming from the intercom speakers filled the room – a realisation that made Olivia’s heart sink to the bottom of her stomach.

The voice on the intercom cleared its throat. "Could Olivia Webb report to my office immediately." These stern words ended the message and the class grew silent as Olivia stood motionless at the front of the room.

"Well then," Miss Gray said. Her voice shattered the silence that was beginning to consume the room. "I think you should get over there pretty quickly."

The trip to Mr Delmar’s was torturous. The walk into the reception area and the wait whilst she sat on the plastic chairs outside the office were even worse. Even the stuck-up receptionist’s face showed no emotion towards her as she informed her that she could go in.

She pushed open the door to Mr Delmar’s office and stepped inside. The huge grand office that she had only visited four days ago seemed strange and unfamiliar – its high ceilings and large grand furniture seemed even more intimidating than before. Mr Delmar was stood behind his desk, hands behind his back, pacing up and down. Suddenly, Olivia noticed that Alyssa was sitting on one of the chairs in front of the desk, arms crossed and with a small hint of smugness on her face, even though she was not smiling herself.

"Olivia." Mr Delmar’s tone of voice spoke for itself – all was not well.

He stopped pacing for a moment, and looked up. "Take a seat."