Chapter 16 (Part 2)

So guys... thanks to emzybbz she has PERSUADED ME to upload the next part TODAY! So make sure you thank her. But you're not getting any more today, muahaha >:)

--------------------------------------------

"How long does it take to get some freaking drinks?" Alyssa said to Kayla, as the two of them awaited Courtney’s return. She had left around ten minutes ago, claiming she would go find some drinks as the boxes that stood on the table were now empty, but had not yet returned.

"You know what, fuck this, I’m going to get them myself," Alyssa said, forcing her purse into Kayla’s hand and starting to walk off in the direction of the kitchen.

"Hey – where are you going?"

Her arm was caught by a hand, and she turned round to see a flash of black hair, whom she recognised as Courtney, carrying three bottles of clear liquid.

"Where the hell have you been?" Alyssa demanded, taking one of the bottles from her hand and unscrewing the cap. "Come on, I’m practically sobering up here!"

"Oh my god, it took me forever to find these," Courtney lied casually. "She’s almost running out of drinks, and the party’s only just started."

"It’s ‘cause Brooke’s such a crap host," Alyssa said. "Which makes for a crap party. How can anyone have fun when there’s no alcohol?"

Courtney nodded in agreement, before remembering what she had been meaning to say. "And oh my God, get this – Olivia and Chelsie are here."

Alyssa turned her head sharply. "Olivia and… Chelsie? Are you kidding me?" she stifled a snigger. "Oh my god, that is so hilarious! They seriously think nerds like them can come to a party like this? Oh my god."

"I know, right? And Olivia’s wearing that dress we got her. She looks like such a slut. You can see all the guys practically drooling over her. It’s disgusting."

"Ha! Well, I hope she ends up pregnant. Serves her right for being such a slag. Then she’ll really get chucked out of school. Won’t that be a shame?"

Courtney nodded, sipping at her drink with a small smile on her face.

By now, the crowd was increasing in volume and it seemed like people were closing in on them, filling every single empty space in the cabin. The room was absolutely packed, almost unbearably hot and humid even with all the windows and doors open, and there was no space to move. It was a claustrophobic’s nightmare, but it didn’t seem like that was stopping anyone from having a good time.

Alyssa sighed, mentally scanning the crowd in search of the person she was seeking, but it was almost impossible to distinguish anybody in the throng of people. "Where the fuck is Carter? If he’s out there hooking up with some girl I swear I’ll kill him."

"Oh, I saw him," Courtney said quickly. "On the way to get drinks. Out on the deck. He was uh… looking for you." She smiled. "You better go find him before he wanders off."

Alyssa sighed and downed the rest of her drink before slamming it back down on the table beside her. "Okay. I’ll catch up with you later, gals."

She held her hand up in a half-hearted wave before starting to push her way through the tight crowd of people, which wasn’t easy. People were sprawled out in every place possible – drunk guys passed out on the floor, couples all over each other making out, couples practically getting it on in any place they could find, people dancing drunkenly with their friends, and even Dave at the front of a growing conga line.