Chapter 31

I'm sorry it's a bit late, but I've been working on a one shot for XxSkater2Girl16xX's contest and I only had 2 days to get it done! Here's the next chapter though, and I hope you like it :)

---------------------------------

"No... way." Alyssa stopped in her tracks, her mouth falling open slightly as she realised what – who – was standing in front of her.

This could not be happening.

"Oh God..." Kayla said. The most recent member of Alyssa’s campaign, she was standing next to Alyssa, wearing a pink badge and carrying one of the many baskets of cookies Alyssa’s team had brought in as freebies. She had ordered the culinary staff at her house to make them yesterday evening, and Luigi and his team had stayed up most of the night baking batch after batch just for her campaign.

"Make sure you vote for me!" Courtney smiled sweetly at a scared-looking freshman student as she handed them a cupcake, swirled with pink icing and glitter. She turned round and her gaze met Alyssa’s, her lips curling into a small smile. "Oh, look who it is."

"You’re running too?" Alyssa said, her voice faltering, as if she was trying not to laugh. "Against me? You’ve got to be kidding me."

She placed her hand on her hip confidently, raising her eyebrows at her former friend. Did Courtney really think that she could beat Alyssa Taylor on her own? Ha! Alyssa had practically made her. She wouldn’t have even been popular if she hadn’t have been friends with Alyssa. And now she was turning against her?

Courtney had pinned an even bigger badge to her shirt, and she was carrying a large box full to the brim of perfect baby pink cupcakes. And the hall walls were plastered in dozens of posters, all bearing Courtney’s (photo-shopped) face, ordering students to vote for her.

"Yeah, actually," Courtney said, smirking at Alyssa’s basket. "And I’m going to win."

"Keep dreaming," Alyssa snorted, stepping closer to Courtney and eyeing her up. "You really think that you can beat me? That’s funny."

"Not really," Courtney answered, her fake smile still plastered on her face. "You see, you might have won for the last two years but word on the street is, people don’t like you anymore. You’re getting trashy, Alyssa, and everyone knows it."

"Well, we’ll see about that when I win." Alyssa narrowed her eyes. "You know, people never liked you, Courtney. You were only popular ‘cause you were with me. And now everyone knows what a back-stabbing bitch you are, no one likes you at all."

"Wow, I’m hurt," Courtney said sarcastically.

"Hey, babe!" said a voice from behind her. Courtney spun round quickly and grinned when she saw who it was.

"Hey, gorgeous!" Courtney squealed, smiling as Carter grabbed her round the waist and pulled her in for a kiss. She dropped the box of cupcakes on the floor and threw her arms round his neck, her lips touching his and her tongue darting inside his mouth, obviously showing off in front of Alyssa.

"Slut," Alyssa hissed, as she strutted past the couple, Aiden and Kayla following obediently.

Courtney pulled her lips away from Carter’s for a second, but stayed locked in his arms. "Do I smell jealousy?" she asked sweetly, laughing as she squeezed his butt playfully. "Come here, gorgeous," she purred, crashing her lips back down onto his again.

"Have fun losing the election!" Alyssa called back to Courtney, with a wave of a hand and a smirk. "Because I’ll sure as hell have fun beating you."