Prologue

"Do you believe in the myth of the haunted village?"

Louis furrowed his eyebrows at the question because it sounded corny and absolutely something that his best friend made up.

"What?" His soft voice asked, turning towards the dark haired boy. "What the hell are you talking about, Zee?"

"So there's a village on the other side of the mountain in the creepy woods." Zayn started, crossing his legs on Louis' bed to get more comfortable. "A village that is haunted with monsters."

"Monsters?" Louis scoffed, "We're seventeen not five. Who the hell would believe that so called myth?" His fingers tangled in his fringe that laid across his tan forehead as he waited for Zayn's response.

"Its real, Lou." The golden eyed boy sternly said, "We should go check it out."

"First of all, how do you know it's real? And secondly, why the fuck would we go check out a fake village filled with fake monsters?" Louis questioned with intent of making his friend drop the topic.

He wasn't scared but he would rather be in his room watching movies than hiking in the woods.

"If it wasn't real, why would there be a myth about it?" Zayn replied with a smile and the raise of his eyebrows. "And we could go just to see if its real. We could go Friday after school."

Louis rolled his blue eyes and leaned back against the head board of his bed as he sighed. "Fine." He groaned, smiling as Zayn threw a fist in the air in joy.

"Its gonna be fun i promise."

"Sure."

________________________

This book reminds me of Edward Scissorhands lol