Twenty Seven

"I'm worried, Zayn

"I'm worried, Zayn." Jay told the dark haired boy as he stood in his driveway since he had just been dropped off from school a few moments earlier. His hands clutched onto the straps of his backpack as he nodded his head because he could understand. It was already Tuesday and Louis was supposed to be back two days ago. "I tried calling him."

"Theres no service over there." Zayn breathed, running a hand through his soft dark hair as he tried to think of any reason why Louis would still be over there. "I'm sure he's fine."

Jay merely shook her head, biting at her nails nervously because she could sense something was wrong. She knew it. Her son would be back by now with Harry by his side.

Zayn knew that she was waiting for him to just say the words. He was waiting because he knew that he would have to go over there and check up on him.

"Can you please go check on him?"

The dark haired boy wanted to deny but he had to admit to himself that Louis was his best friend and he had to do this. So he merely nodded, sending a small smile towards the mother before making his way into his house because he definitely was not going to climb a mountain in a tank top and skinnies.

>>

"Niall!" Zayn shouted as he gripped on his backpack straps tight, making his way towards the side of the mountain where he knew the 'vampires' resided. Of course he wouldn't go in, his place would be right under the sun that was for once visible on this side of the mountain. He was warm from the heat that radiated from the large star in the sky but his golden orbs stayed focused on the mysteriously still pitch black section on the woods.

He shook off his bag, going into his front pocket for his small switch blade that he took from a slightly negligent store owner. When it was in his grasp, he let out a deep breath because he could already tell it was a bad idea. Yet he still flipped the blade open and brought it to his forearm because this was the only way that he could find Niall.

He knew that Niall spent his time in these woods due to his thirst for blood. He knew that Niall personally had a small affinity for his blood due to the late night visits the blonde gave him that he would never tell Louis of.

He had grown close to the vampire which wasn't necessarily normal but neither was someone who was cut to pieces still being able to breathe.

His breathing hitched as he gazed down at his arm, applying pressure to the blade until it was piercing his skin and crimson fluid was dripping down onto his shaking fingers. The droplets stained the leaves underneath his boots, making his attention go towards the section where he was previously looking.

Red orbs were shining at him but he knew that none of them were brave enough to come out into the sunlight. But then again, he was proved wrong when he saw the flash of movement and then a vampire who was much different than Niall was stood in front of him with his fangs barred and his bloodshot eyes glaring at Zayn who was frozen in his place under the sun's rays.