Twenty Eight

"No

"No." Niall snapped, holding onto the unconscious brunette for dear life. He finally got him back and he definitely wasn't giving him up again. His blue eyes burned into Donovan's who was tightening his hold on Zayn's hair, making him crumble down onto his knees.

"Let him go!" Louis screamed, his hands turning into fists by his sides because he was getting really sick and tired of the blonde.

"Give me Harry." He commanded, his voice dropping an octave lower due to his seriousness. He needed the brunette back. He was his rock. He kept him sane.

Niall groaned as he felt Harry move in his arms, his eyelashes fluttering as he gradually awakened. His green and blue eyes looked up towards his friend in disbelief only to finally gaze around him to see the situation.

A gasp fell past his lips as he used Niall's shoulder as a balance while he jumped down from his arms, standing on his feet with a fearful expression on his face as he made eye contact with Zayn. "W-What you d-doing?" Harry stuttered, looking quickly towards Louis to make sure he was alright.

"I miss you, Harry." Donovan admitted with a distressed expression on his face while numerous blonde curls brushed into his eyes due to the wind. "Don't leave me like that again."

Harry grimaced at the ground for a moment before meeting his brown eyes. "You hurt my Louis and me." He snapped, shaking his head in defiance. He crossed his arms over his chest because the cold was beginning to make his stitches itch. "No. Let him go."

Donovan furrowed his eyebrows as his gaze went from the brunette to Louis and Niall who were protectively standing a few steps in front of him.

He wasn't going to win this battle. No matter how strong he is or the talents that his father taught him. He was on his own.

"You're saying you would rather go live with those mouth-breathers on the other side than with me?" He croaked out, feeling his eyes slightly water from the thoughtful expression that flashed over Harry's features.

Sure, Harry never felt accepted when he was in Louis' home but the glow in the human's eyes when he saw him was enough to make him feel loved. He never got attention when he was with his family. He was only beaten when attempting to speak and judged when he tried to be himself.

"He loves me." Harry stated, straightening his stance so his sharp sutured jaw line was outward. He felt strong in this moment. He was finally deciding something that was happening in his life. "I love him." He breathed, sparing the smaller boy a glance to see him smiling a sunshine smile.

"He'll never accept you."

"You didn't accept him." Louis cracked, breaking the depressing atmosphere to change it into a more tense one. "You just yelled at him and hurt him. You pushed him down and expected him to love you after. He may not ever be accepted on my side but at least he is allowed to be himself and doesn't have to hide."