Four

Louis was stood at the door of the bedroom with one hand placed anxiously on the golden knob and the other on the cool wood surface

Louis was stood at the door of the bedroom with one hand placed anxiously on the golden knob and the other on the cool wood surface. He was nervous. Absolutely nervous.

Harry is out there, he thought, Just waiting for me to see him.

Even though he did ask him to stay, he still was terrified just to see it all. To get a good look at his actual appearance.

He had been standing there for what felt like all night just taking deep breaths and trying to turn the knob but not finding the courage to.

"I asked for this." He mumbled to himself, glancing down at his attire which was the same as yesterday and finally turning the knob to hear the door open slightly.

There was no longer a loud creak that he regretted because now there was silence. Silence filled with fear but also anticipation.

He tip toed down the cool flooring of the hallway that lead to the living room, searching for the taller lad to find him in the kitchen with his back towards him. His unruly curls were in a matted mess that tangled down to his shoulders and the small visible back muscles he had were noticeable through his white shirt.

He was at the counter cutting into something that Louis couldn't see due to him still being behind him.

"Good morning." He hesitantly said, his sleep soaked voice coming out as soft and cracked. He took a few risky steps closer to see the stitches at his left wrist that wrapped around his skin and also the cut that had sealed from his first night being at the house.

"Morning." His deep voice rang, sending waves through his chest. "I-I made you tea and toast." He placed the knife into the sink and he slowly grabbed onto the plate to make sure he wouldn't drop it due to his butter covered fingers. He slowly turned around only to hang his head low so Louis could see his forehead and nothing else, putting the plate on the table and padding to the stove to take the kettle off the burner.

He grabbed a mug from the cabinet beside him and rinsed the dusted cup under the water from the sink before pouring the tea into the dark blue mug and placing it at the table beside the plate.

"Sit please." He instructed.

Louis slowly complied, not taking his eyes off his forehead. He just wanted him to look up. "Sit with me." He whispered, looking away for a brief moment to take a bite into his toast.

Harry was avoiding Louis seeing his appearance but he sighed and took the seat across from him, his eyes scanning over his features as his blues went straight to his neck that he knew had the long scar accompanied with stitches across the skin from one side to the other.

Louis was speechless. He skipped over the boy's neck so he didn't appear to be staring and went to his eyes that were an intense shade of green.