Nineteen

Harry knew that Louis' stepdad Dan wasn't as accepting as the rest of Louis' family since the first day he came but its already been two weeks and the man literally avoids being close to the curly haired boy

Harry knew that Louis' stepdad Dan wasn't as accepting as the rest of Louis' family since the first day he came but its already been two weeks and the man literally avoids being close to the curly haired boy. Harry has sat down to join family night twice and the man would sit as far away as he could.

He was starting to feel bad again due to this. He was beginning to feel comfortable with looking in mirrors and not wearing a shirt around Louis but the disgusting glances that Dan gives him makes him want to just go back to his house.

"You okay?" Louis asked from behind Harry as he held the taller lad from behind his back since they were cuddling in Louis' bed. Surprisingly Harry liked to be the little spoon so he was turned on his side while Louis held him closely to his chest.

"Does Dan talk about me?" His deep sleep-soaked voice rang, his green eyes looking around the still dark room. He felt so childish for asking but he just wanted to know and he knew that if the man said something he would say it to the boy who brought him in.

"Sometimes," Louis truthfully answered, not wanting to lie to Harry because if he was trusting him not to judge him when he tightens his stitches then the least he can do is be honest. "He keeps asking me what I see in you."

"In what way?"

"Romantically, friend-wise, personality-wise," he listed, "I just ignore him because he is a dick and he doesn't understand things." He rolled his eyes at the thought of Dan. They will never get along. Dan tries to be friends or on a good basis with Louis but all the boy can see him as is someone new to their family.

"What do you even see in me?" Harry mumbled, his hand going to feel at the stitches on his wrist because those were the ones that made him most self-conscious. Not the one on his neck but the one that's keeping his limbs together.

"Harry, there is nothing different about you. We are the same. You have just been through different things-"

"I died."

"Yeah but you're here now." Louis optimistically noted, his fingers raising to comb through his curls that were tied back into a ponytail.

"But these stitches on my chest are from the coroner. My skin will never look normal like yours." He retorted, groaning when he was turned over. Louis sat on his lap so he couldn't turn back over and rested his forearms against his chest.

"I don't give a fuck if every piece of you was being held together by those things. I would still drag you out of that house, up that mountain, and back to my house because I love you." Louis said with a smile but his smile faded when he realized what he had just said. Even through the dark he could see Harry's eyes widen so he immediately attempted to cover up what he said by rambling, "Uhm, I-I,"

"Its okay," Harry chuckled, his hands going down to his thighs to pull him closer before kissing his lips softly. "I love you too."

The shorter lad was shocked by the confession, his heart beating rapidly in his chest since he wasn't expecting him to say it back.