Six

Harry whimpered at the strike of lightning coming from outside of the house

Harry whimpered at the strike of lightning coming from outside of the house. The loud cracking sound causing a rumble that vibrated his whole home.

He was in the living room curled into a ball, too scared to move. He couldn't even understand why he was so afraid. He wasn't when he was a child. It started a year ago.

He gasped when another strike attacked his front yard, sending wet drops to slide down his cheeks and his stitches to tighten around his neck with each hitch of breath.

"Fuck." He whimpered, shaking in his ball. His mind wandered for something to distract himself from the noise. He instantly thought of what Louis called him earlier.

Frankenstein. A man with stitches. A man that was made from lightning.

He shakily released his hold on himself to do the same as before and look at his body parts. He stretched his fingers that had the stitches to recognize a few scars he had as a child, his wrist was his for sure. Everything was his. But the thought still made him think.

He groaned and shook his head violently as the memories flooded through his brain.

"No." He breathed, his hands tangling into his knotted curls. "Stop."

His shoulders shook as anger and fear boiled through his veins. He flinched at another strike of lightning, his pupils dilating from the darkness of the room as he looked out to the empty room.

"Stop!" He screamed, his fingers tugging at his hair madly to cause any source of pain he needed to remove the memories.

"Harry?" Louis' raspy voice called out, his sock clad feet sliding down the hall to see Harry rocking back and forth in his ball. "You okay?" He whispered, slowly sitting beside him and reaching his hand out to lightly touch his shoulder.

Harry turned at the sudden touch, releasing his hold on his hair before quickly punching Louis in the eye. It took him a moment to realize what he had done before he blinked repeatedly and went to touch the boy who was now rubbing at his left eye.

"Louis, I-I-"

"Its," He grumbled, cupping his eye that was burning from impact. Tears threatened to fall from his reddening blues but he continued to blink to avoid the wetness. "Fuck." He sighed, standing up abruptly and walking out of the room.

Harry's bottom lip trembled as his head fell into his hands and his shoulders shook again as his body racked with tears. He sniffled as he stumbled to get up, swinging the front door open to step out into the storm before closing the door behind himself.

He went straight to where he knew the only other person awake would be, taking a turn past the trees to head down the muddy path.

His hair fell onto his face and his shirt clung to his skin with each step he took in the pouring rain. His fingers were aggressively scratching at the stitches that held his fingers together, opening and pulling at the skin.