chapter 1

"Quinn! give it back! now!" i have been chasing him for my homework for the past 10 minutes! what is wrong with him?

"haha! never! unless..." he yelled back, slowing down to think about it. since he was holding it near his head, where he was wearing his signatire baseball cap, i sped up and grabbed my homework... and his hat, and ran off.

"Ebony! Come on!" he screamed. he started to chase me, and i tried to speed up, but i think he plays soccer, because he is fast. he cought me and we fell down.

"ew get off of me!" i scream.

"give me my hat back… and the answers to homework." he said.

"never!" i scream. i have to admit we were kind of friends. kind of, but this happened a lot. "get off!"

"how about no."

"youre so stubborn." i say, squirming underneath him.

"stop squirming!" he says. for some reason, i listen. my mind was screaming "GET OUT FROM UNDER HIM!!!!!!!" but i wasnt even trying.it was like my body wouldnt listen to my mind.

"Quinn just get off of her, what did she do to you?" a new, accented voice says. i freeze when i notice its Luke. hes so much like his cousin Jack. but im not gonna think about that because of the outcome of that.

"she stole my hat!" Quinn argues.

"oh. let me take care of that." he says, grabbing my hat from my hand that was pinned down by Quinn. "now get off of her."

"aww fine." he grumbles. aww? why did he say that? naw, im imagining things. Quinn doesnt like me!!

"aww? looks lke someones got a crush." Luke says. 

"he actually said that? i wasnt just hearing things?" i ask. "ooh there should be an art club here!" i say. Luke chuckles, shaking his head.

"only you would say something completely random. only you. we were talking about Quinn liking you." he says. "but that is very true. i like art."

"so do I! wanna come over to my house sometime? i have an entire art studio in my backyard!" i say, imeadiatly slap my hand over my mouth after. "its just a shed, though. im sure you have much better."

"sure, id love to come over. tell me where your house is, and when. and i could tell you like art when you said that there should be an art club." i quickly write down my address and a time. "thanks."

"no problem! i uh, cant wait! see ya tomorrow!" i say, walking up to where i see Simon.

"dude i hate you." i hear Quinn say as im walking away. what?

[][][][][[][][][][][][][]

a

- thank you so much to @callmediana for the cover! i know theres not much people to read this but who ever is should fan her and read her book The Nerd Pair!!!!!!!!!!!