Chapter 7

Ebony's P.O.V

We walk down the street from the school to a new coffee shop called The Bean. I start thinking of the so-called Band Meeting at Finlay's house. I haven't seen Max since 7th grade. In 8th grade he tried home school, and I never had time to talk to him. And now I live in the dorms. I visit on weekends, but I never see anyone from Middle school. I don't remember a Char though... I'm lost in thought until Quinn snaps me out of it.

"Earth to Ebony!" He says, waving a hand in my face.

"Huh, what?" I look up.

"You gonna get something?" 

"Oh, yeah. Can I have a hot chocolate?" I ask the cashier.

"That'll be $15.47" The man tells us, "Say shouldn't you be in school?"

"Dude just give us the drinks." Quinn says. H hands the man money, and after a few minutes we have our coffees and hot chocolates and stuff. We walk around, Quinn and Luke walking ahead of me. My mind drifts back to Fin and the band. Sound Shore sounds to "beachy". I hope we're a rock band, or alternative, maybe. But who is Char? My thoughts are interrupted by me walking into a stop sign.

"That's one way the sign will stop people." Luke says. All Quinn does is laugh, and he's almost falling down as a result.

I join the laughing. "You've been out of it all day!" Quinn manages to say through the laughter.

"Sorry... aha... I was just thinking of this thing I'm doing after school." I giggle. "Ew I giggled."

They both stare. "Yeah that was a bit odd." They say in unison. We all start laughing again.

"Anyway what are you doing after school that has you so out of it?" Luke asks.

"Fin, er, um, Finlay asked me to be in a band with him, said I had the good voice that the band he had needed, so the first practice is this afternoon." I reply.

"Who else is in the band" Quinn snaps, quieting immediately.

"Uh, this guy Max and some guy named Char." I shrug.

"'Some guy'? If you don't know him, then why are you going to some place you've never been to see him?"

"Cause I think he went to my middle school. Max did, and we were good friends, so is Max trusts him, I do." Quinn seems to be thinking about it. He makes a face like he's mad and stomps away.

"Do you know what that's about?" I look at Luke.

"Yeah, hold on." He runs after Quinn. They're about 30 feet ahead of me on the sidewalk. They're arguing and pointing back at me. I start to walk in the other direction, back to school. I have Music Theory for my 6th and final class, and then I have band practice. We've already missed three classes. I don't want to miss this one. I hear an accented "Now look what you did!" and two pairs of footsteps running up behind me.

"Did we make you upset?" Quinn asks.

"No I just need to get to school. I have 6th with Fin, and then we're going to his place for the meeting."

"Oh. but-"

"Good luck. We're gonna go to Quinn's place. We'll walk you back, but Quinn is not in the mood for teachers, so." Luke interrupts. He shrugs, and we walk back in silence.

*****

I walk into Music, which I have with Chris, Luke, Quinn, and Keegan. I know Luke won't be here, since he wen't to Quinn's place. I also have this class with Finlay, so we can leave together. It's a quick class, just the usual warm up, and compose an eight measure piece in four voices. I draw the clef, map out the measures and write "S A T B" at the beginning of the different lines. I use my chart for which chord to go to next, and get it done quickly. When I finish I write the day, period, my name and the name of the piece on the top. I'm usually concentrated too much to talk whenever I'm composing, so I hadn't even noticed Finlay sit down next to me and watch me.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Dec 26, 2014 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

My Time At Neverlandजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें