Father

Zac's POV

I stopped digging. I stood up with my hands in the air.

"That's a good boy" she said smirking urging me to move even further away.
I did as she said now pointing the gun at me ready to fire.

Lucas crept up behind Carrie and yanked her arm with the gun in making her fire aimlessly into the sky and making her loose her grip on Haley.
"You shouldn't have done that" she said turning round to face Lucas. She pulled the trigger as me and Haley watched with scared faces. It didn't fire. She kept pulling the trigger nothing worked.
While Lucas stalled Carrie he hinted to us to keep digging.

"Wondering why it's not working?" Lucas said pulling the bullet holder from behind his back.
She stared at him and tried to snatch them out of his hands. Lucas pulled back teasingly.
He laughed
" No chance"

Sawyer emerged from the bushes. We had just managed to get Nathan out and we were all trying to be quiet to get us all out of here.
She must have heard something and swung round immediately to face us all.
"It's fine. She can't hurt you without any bullets" Lucas smiled teasing her.

"Oh Lucas. Did you really think I didn't have a spare!" She pulled another gun from her socks and pointed it at Lucas.
"Go and join the huddle or you are the first to die"
Lucas did as he was told. We all stood still, accepting our inevitable doom.

"Now who to kill first?" She said staring at us all carefully.
"Stand back. I'm going to kill the little boy and his girlfriend first" she said aiming the girl at myself and Sawyer. I quickly stood in front of Sawyer so it was only going to impact me but Haley, Lucas and Nathan formed a shield around us so she couldn't get to us.

"Wow. You guys want to go first? Alright then" She said now pointing the gun at Haley.

"Don't...even think about it" Nathan said annoyed

"I'm so scared!" She mocked him
The bullet fired. Blood dripped on the floor.
She smirked
"Freeze! Drop your weapon" An army of policemen swarmed Carrie.

She lifted out an even bigger gun and shot the police men.
We quickly made and escape dragging the body too.

"Nate are you alright?" Lucas questioned

"We don't have time. Let's get him to a hospital" I said. "Now give me a hand" I urged Lucas.
Lifting him into the car.
Lucas started the car and we sped down to the nearest hospital.

Nathan had saved Haley. As the bullet fired, Nathan shielded Haley and the bullet went in Nathan's back and didn't hit Haley one bit. He is slowly moving but is on the brink of dying. His eyes begin to drift off while in the car.

I keep gently slapping his cheek "Dad!" I shout. "Come on!" "Stay with me"

I say desperately with no response.
"Dad" I say loosing hope

"Drive faster" I urge Lucas.