Chapters 15-16

Reflecting
Lydia's P.O.V.
***
     After returning to Georgia, I ran up Cassandra's stairs two at a time and found Cassie getting ready in her bathroom. I then started to crimp her hair. George drives us to the concert about an hour later. She sings and everyone loves her.

Watching her get all that attention annoys me but all of that envy melts away when Cassie mentions me and my book from the stage. She looks at me with a smile and I smiled back.

Then her concert ends and we headed outside and, of course, more people wanted autographs and pictures so we had to stop.

One little girl asks for an autograph but Cassandra is several people away. Then she looks me in the eye and hold out a piece of paper. I bend down to sign it when I realize she is in a wheelchair. I take her pen and write 'love Lydia' she thanks me and James and I went in the limo to wait.

The crowd was so big and excited that Max, the bodyguard, had to push people away from Cassandra and her band.

Later, as we were driving home, Cassandra started to cry. She said that one man had come up to her and said her music was horrible. I let out a long sigh. Cassandra always believes what other people say. We pull into the driveway and she is still complaining I turned to her and say,

"You know what Cassandra? You have everything and now one person doesn't like your music and suddenly your day is ruined. Some little kids dream to be like you. Your name is known worldwide. Mine isn't. So just stop ruining everyone else's day!"

The look on her and James face was shocked beyond belief. I get out of the car and walk as calmly as I can to the door. After slamming it behind me, I went  upstairs to find my Saint Bernard, Leroy was curled up on my bed. I sat down next to him and begin stroking his long fur.

A few minutes later, James comes up and sits next to me. He doesn't speak but sits there listening intently, pulling me onto his lap and letting me rest my against his warm and muscled chest.

"James, I am tired of Cassandra getting all the attention and then one tiny thing goes wrong and she wines and makes everyone else's day horrible. I don't know why she is such a winner when she has everything!" I cry into the soft cotton of his shirt.

James comfortingly wraps his arms around me, kisses the top of my head and for a few minutes we sit in silence.

Then he speaks, "dear, if you wanted more fame, you could have chosen a different career." He pointed out.

"Huh?" I said.

"Become a singer or an actor. Plenty of fame there."

"It isn't the fame. It's the times where she thinks everyone's going to love her music and if one person doesn't, then she gets upset." I said, making my point.

He nods and kisses me on the lips. I smile and push him backwards, kissing him more passionately.

Surprising news
Lydia's P.O.V.
***
The next day, I woke up to find James missing. There is a note. It says:

Dearest Lydia, I am in Orlando on an urgent training call. I will be back this evening. Love, James. XOXO

I decide to take Leroy walking through the city. People came up to me and asked me for autographs, it was really nice to get a little but of attention.

I picked up a newspaper and there is a picture of me signing a little girls book. I was shocked. Many people come up to me saying they are excited about my book. The next few hours flew by as I sat by the fountain in the garden and ate a hotdog from a vendor on the street.

I went home to show James, who was home when I returned. He was sitting on the couch reading the news with his headphones on and his back to me. I snuck up behind me then leaned over his shoulder, turning my head to kiss his cheek.

He screamed but rolled his eyes when he saw it was me. Taking off his headphones he pulls me down next to him.

"James look!" I set to the mail down on the coffee table and one letter is from John that I hadn't seen before. It's water stained and dirty.

"What's that?" He asks kiss my kneck and collarbone.

"It's from John." I reply, pushing him off which makes him laugh. I handed him the letter but he did not take it.

"You read it." He said.

I open it slowly and it says:

Dear James and Lydia,
I am stranded on an island if you have received this, then someone found it and sent it to you. Anyway I miss the both of you as well as Cassondra. Tell dad that I love him too. And I should be rescued soon or maybe right now. (Depends on when you receive this). I have pretty much survived on monkeys meat and coconut milk. I have never missed Cassandra cooking so much which makes me laugh because Cassandra is a horrible cook.

Then the rest of the letter is about how he is doing and asking how the babies are. I hand James the note and he quickly skims it.

"Oh. This is bad." He said pulling me into his chest.

"Do you think he's ok?" I said, surprisingly not crying.

I am angry and upset. Before he can respond, I run upstairs to work on my book.

Layla reaches the large dome that is protecting the control panel I must get to it I think and think I have an idea I paint myself to look like a general they let me in and I sprint to the controls.

I fall asleep at my desk as the floor boards creek.
***