Guns N' Roses

2 years later -
June 6th 1985 Los Angeles

(**warning my writing is terrible in this chapter**)

Duffs pov:

I have now lived here around the Sunset Strip for roughly two years, life is really rough.. but you gotta do what you gotta do for the money..(song reference) and the music but i have been doing reasonably well.

I have been in two bands so far 'Road Crew' and currently 'Guns N Roses' which i just joined in April, it was called "Rose" and then "Hollywood rose", with fellow band members Axl Rose who is the lead singer. Izzy Stradlin on guitar. Plus Tracii Guns and Rob Gardner.

The only trouble is having a steady place to crash and nowhere to really call home. Whether its crashing the night with a stripper who are basically the angels of L.A., because they've got money, a place to have a hot shower and feed, along with other benefits. Plus they know/get all the drugs you want, another bonus for a struggling musician is, if the chick is fucking one of the other guys or still asleep the next morning you ransack their handbag for any cash, drugs, whatever you can get a hold of. When I am extremely desperate, that's when I just go to whoever is throwing the closest party and just party till you crash somewhere.

Life literally is just living day to day and hoping you live to see the next day. The only one of us who has an actual place of their own is Izzy, who was lucky enough to find a tiny trashed out apartment that had very cheap rent, not long after he first got here. Which is where i am now currently, sitting around with Izzy getting ready for a gig tonight at the Troubadour.

"For fucks sake... Great just great!!!" Axl grumbles frustrated, slamming Izzy's apartment door shut after just walking in.

"What's going on?!", I question looking up from my bass after replacing the strings, leaning it up against the couch. With Axl it could be anything, with his short fused temper i have gotten to know all to well since knowing him, but he has his reasons.

"Fucking both Tracii & Rob!". Axl shouts pacing the room back and forth, scrunching his hands in his long ginger hair frustrated.

"I just came back from Tracii's place, both him and Rob have both got cold feet and fucking decided to pull out at last minute!".

"They don't like our idea of doing a small tour of the North West around Seattle.... i can't believe them!!" Axl exhaled angrily.

"We've still got a show tonight to play at the Troubadour... what the fuck do they expect us to do!" Axl says aloud.

"I had a feeling they wouldn't do it... fucking pussies" Izzy mumbles quietly, taking a big mouthful of his bourbon placing the glass back on the old coffee table in front of him.

"They are to worried about where we will stay and how we will get there!"Axl adds.

"Well i have Slash's old house number somewhere, from playing in Road Crew and hanging out with him. You guys have already played with him and his friend Steven before when they played with you for a bit in Hollywood Rose. I can try and get a hold of him, and ask if he could play tonight's gig.

"Both Slash and maybe Steven might be able to replace Rob and Tracii, then tour up with us to Seattle, and just see where we go from there?".

"Well we don't really have much choice... do we". Axl says contemplating the idea.

"Give him a call i suppose, if he doesn't... we're fucked!" Axl huffs sitting down next to Izzy on the old torn 60's looking orange couch, disgruntled lighting a cigarette throwing the lighter onto the small coffee table, taking a long drag off it".