Childhood Memories

* Dedicated to StripWitch, for the beautiful one shot you wrote for me. Also for reading & voting for this story. Thankyou :) *

After driving for nearly 5 hours in the rain & pitch blackness of the night. My collection of ACDC, Led Zeppelin & Stones cassettes keeping me company & awake along the way.

Donner is lucky I love him, to drive this far for his brother...who I barely even know. But I'm happy to as i wouldn't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere.

ACDC's 'Live Wire' cranking, making sure my tired eyes & exhausted frame don't swerve off the road, as I pass a faded sign 'Welcome to Oregon'.

'Finally' I mumble to myself passing the old sign, sick of driving. Exhausted by an already eventful day, when it rains it pours.

Looking ahead through the foggy windscreen & rain pounding down. Street & the odd store that is still open at 1:30am lights shining out to the road.

'Caltex?.. no.. seven eleven!' Trying to recall where Donner informed me to pick his brother up.

Noticing numerous neon lights from the odd bar sign & the diners that are still open. Definitely liking the idea of a diner call in.

I then faintly make out a glowing seven eleven sign down the end of the main road. Not many cars around, mostly truck drivers making there midnight pit stops.

I can barely even remember what Donners brother looks like? I remind myself.

I'm sure I'll spot him somehow. The worst that can happen is just randomly asking strangers.

Oregon feels so wide & open!, compared to Seattle. Reminding me of Australia a little. I finally make it to the side of the fuel stations parking lot.

Handy so I can fill up on gas before we leave. I can't see any young man waiting out front?.

Grabbing my handbag, i pull my grey hood over my hair & wrap my arms around my frame.

Feeling the cold air sting at my legs, now regretting the choice of my denim shorts.

The old door creaking shut, locking up my car, noticing a few creepy drugged looking truck drivers. I look down at the wet concrete, padding out of the rain over to look inside.

An Iranian looking man greets me from the counter, I return with a smile whilst trying to stand on my tippy toes to attempt to scan over the aisles.

I walk my way down to the end of the last aisle noticing a young man that reminds me of Donner. A very skinny framed man with oily longish black hair, ivory skin & a hat.

Who is scanning through some dirty magazines in there assorted racks, next to some cheap wine. The man looks as though he has already stuffed a bottle into his black coat.

I stop & the man's brown eyes look up to meet my own. The man features quickly change from guilty to a small smile, while looking me up & down.

That's definitely not Donners brother, I think to myself. I turn on my heels with a blush, as I bust the mans eyes scanning me. He seemed shy but not to shy to show when he appreciates something.

'Where the fuck could he be?' I let out stepping in the cold, not seeing anyone who would fit his description.

'Fuck sake Donner!' I mumble fast walking over in the rain to a distant phone booth next to an old bus stop shelter. Pulling out his number, ready to tell him the news.

I notice a group of 3 differently dressed men scattered around in the old bus stop shelter. A blonde man leaning against a black frizzy headed man sleeping & a redhead.

Appearing as though they are trying to get some shut eye, apart from the red head who was facing the road inhaling the last of his cigarette.

The read headed man gives me a wink from his spot, as he turns his attention for a second.

'Hi there' he smiles, exhaling smoke.

I quickly turn my attention away frowning, although he seemed cute under the street light.

To dialling Donners number as quick as my fingers would allow. My fingers trembling the last digit from the cold.

Leaning my back against the cold inside of the booths glass wall. My lips let out a sigh, looking down at the debris ridden floor.

I hear another deep voice asking I guess the redhead, 'who are you talking to?'.

'How long does it take to have a piss!' the redhead lightly retorted. The tall man walking from the toilets I'm guessing.

The call rings through a few times, I hang up the phone annoyed. 'Great!' I let out.

'Megan?!'...

A familar voice questions through the other side of the dirty glass. My eye's look up to meet a pair of golden orbs staring back in the pouring rain & mouth a gape.

'Du.. Duff!!' Spills out my mouth, in total shock.

The tall figure walks to the door of the phone booth & envelopes me in a tight hug, as my legs are stunned to the spot.

'I.. I've missed you!!'...