You can use your illusions

12 Hours Later
*Seattle*

Sliding on a pair of high waisted denim shorts & a comfy grey zip up hood.

Yes it is cold to wear shorts in this Seattle weather but I am obviously just going to strip off when I get to work anyway. I'm tired of the cycle.

Stuffing a black sequined bra, with a matching g-string into my handbag & red stripping boots ready for when I arrive.

Oh such overwhelming joy I have for that place. To be surrounded by the scum of the earth, they try & get as much as they can without paying.

As well as the other girls doing this, giving up on their dreams to usually supply their drug habits.

I feel so ashamed of myself, knowing my grandma would be watching over me. She always told me to chase my dreams & aspire high.

I prepare a strong coffee to go.

With my handbag & coffee in hand. I leave out the front door. I glance back into my large, empty looking house before shutting the old door & feeling the icy cold Seattle air around my frame.

Pulling up in the Cheetah's parking lot, I ensure I covered my still bruised eye & cheek enough in the car mirror.

I inhale a deep breath & try to change my mindset before leaving my car. To ensure you keep your job here, you have to be confident & loud at all times. You can't be shy at anytime when you are out there.

You will be fired for sure, if you don't put it on for show. You pretty much need to create a split personality... an illusion for a place like this, especially when I am naturally shy & reserved. Always have been & the people close to me know.

Stepping out of my old wagon, slumping my handbag over my shoulder. Making sure the cars locked with my coffee in the other hand.

I slowly walk to the back of the club, definitely not in a hurry. I notice in my side vision that a awfully familiar car parked across the road.

I just shrug the thought away. But still my legs speed up to the back entrance.

'Hi Carlos' I smile up at the solid guard.

'Good evening my lady' he smiles & opens the door for me. He is the only gentleman you'll find around here.

I continue up through the dim lit hallway, the smell of cheap perfume & smoke fills the air impulsively.

That's a good reason for my coffee habit, it's aroma is much more appealing.

I arrive at the dressing room, the only thing I like about this scummy, seedy place is the vintage style lit mirrors. They look just like the ones in the old Hollywood & burlesque style pictures, that i was always drawn to when I was growing up.

'Hey girl!.. how ya doing!?' My only friend here Beth, squeezes me in a hug with her big dyed red hair.

'Just perfect.. I'm here aren't i' I laugh, knowing I'll probably get the normal lecture of, 'Are you OK? I'm worried about you', etc.

Earning jealous & fake smiles from all the fake b!tches around. The room is filled with girls getting changed, stabbing each other in the back or snorting their latest score.

I hate drugs & promise myself i will never touch it. Just the odd cigarette.

Anyway I became good friends with Beth when she took me under her wing, when I first started. She co-owns the club, as she is the Cheetah's raunchy comedian.