Estranged

'Will that be all?' A middle aged woman asks, placing the large amount of food ordered onto the old diner table.

'Yes, thankyou'. I smiled back tired, passing her the money & tip.

She smiles back at me from the tip & gives Duff & his friends a peculiar look, before walking away. Most likely because of their leather/cowboy attires.

After actually being able to speak, from trying to comprehend that Duff who I hadn't heard from in so long was in front of me & not the person I intended to pick up.

Duff introduced me to his new band mates. The guys who were trying to sleep in the bus stop was a blonde haired man.. Steven, he is so sweet & like a big kid, he has a real caring happy aura to him.

He also introduced me to a leather clad man with big natural curls, that hid a humble introvert, with a peculiar name.. Slash. As strange as these names were, they seemed to suit each individual nicely strangely enough.

The redheaded man who said hi before with a cigarette & winked at me, is known as Axl Rose. He seems like the type that is shy until you get to know him.

Then another... by the name of Izzy, who was the man i busted in the seven eleven, five finger discounting a cheap bottle of booze. I jokingly asked Duff 'if there was anymore of you'. I joked when we all walked to the diner we are now seated at for an hour, getting to know the guys & enjoy a hot meal.

'Woah thanks Megan!' Steven chirps from his seat next to me, temporarily resting his head on my shoulder while shoving fries in his mouth.

'Yeah thanks beautiful' the guys all thank in unison. Apart from Duff who shot a look at the guys from what they called me, as he is seated across from me. I just smile & try not to blush. Avoiding Duffs stare.

As unbelievably ecstatic i am to finally see him, i don't know where to start. Maybe he intended not to stay in contact with me?. Which makes me mad, as he shouldn't of bothered saying he was to stay in touch.

Maybe he didn't know I was here & didn't really want to see me. All these thoughts tear up my brain, as I try not to say something and make an idiot of myself.

'No worries at all guys, I bet you's are all starving!' I smile at them all while sipping my steaming coffee.

I glance at the guys clearly enjoying the variety of foods, diner pasta, burgers, fries, etc. My eye's meet the red head from earlier who was seated next to Duff, who met my eyes while looking between me & Duff.

I concentrate my eyes down on my coffee & bagel instead.

'So how did you guys get stuck out here exactly?' I question.

'Well we packed my wagon but it packed up on us a couple hours outta LA!' Steven let's out with a frown.

'Duffs driving?' I joke, looking up at Duff from Steven trying to ease the tension between us, making all the guys snicker.

Duff responds with his grin shaking his head. 'Don't blame it on me' Duff chuckles, surrendering his hands.

'Well I don't get out much.. but LA has to be at least .. 15 to 18hrs away by car?' I estimate.

'No wonder you guys are starving!' I shake my head.

'Oh we've eaten a bit, don't you worry' Izzy inputs, some of the first words he's said.

Confused for a moment as the guys said they've run out of money.

'What did yous do steal from a farmer?' I joke taking a sip of coffee.