Chapter 16

*this is a filler chapter..nothing big* Chapter 17..is what goes down.

I probably should have thought my action through and not rely on my anger as a main source of knowledge to what I just did. The gun felt warm in my hands and my finger was pressed firmly against the trigger. David didnt move at all, just sat in his seat, his feet propped up and a cigar in his mouth. "There's something called knocking, you should try it some time." He said, calmly and I immeidately felt my surge of adrenaline die away.  

They didnt fear me. Hell- I wouldnt either. Nick was sitting up against David's desk while Carrie stood next to me. I lowered my gun and inhaled sharply. Now what Ellie?  

"Cigar?" David offered, holding up his and I stared at him. "That dramatic entrance was for what?" Nick asked, crossing his arms and I kept my lips pressed together. "No answer. Well why dont you sit down?" David offers me a seat and I grit my teeth at his nochalantness. Carrie is giving me a face that's screaming "Get the fuck out." "You're not going to kill me?" I silently whisper. Why would I ask such a question? It was dramatic and completely foolish. "You cheated death once. So we have a back up plan." 

"Wont me being alive jeapordize that?" I was digging my own grave at this point. Why did I just take the gun and shoot them both? I couldnt...I knew I couldnt and he knew that too. Smart man David.. "Nope. We're 10 steps ahead of you. Now why dont you go on back to wherever you were. You'll be hearing from us soon." This is when I began to wish I didnt leave Waley & Webster. I stood there, the gun still twitching in my hand. "Well go on now." David says motioning me out. I still just stand there. "Dont hurt Anthony." I blurt out and his face turns up. "Trust me, we wont be the one hurting me." He insists and Nick holds up his phone, playing an odd video of some type. I lean forward and notice it's my vunerable drugged body, sprawled out...naked.... "That-That's me. No! Please dont-" I babbled and push forward. "Carrie. Take her away." 

"No- please." Carrie grabbed my elbow and motioned me out. "No come on." She hissed in my ear. "I know where your pretty boys going to be. Just shut up and follow me." She adds and I tremble. I didnt want him to see me like that- so broken. "He's only twenty minutes away. They have his phone tracked and I saw it on David's computer." She informed me as she called for a cab. "Well we have to call the police!" I yell as she finally catches one . "Then what? They covered up all their tracks."  

"But I'm alive, I'm everything they need!" She yanks me in the back of the cab and I sink into the seat. The gun tucked away in my jeans, causing me to shudder even more. "They have shit on you. Shit on your sister. If the police find you, they're going to bring you in a mental institute." She whispers harshly at me. "What? What do you mean?" My mind was racing. The only thing on my mind was Anthony...I needed him. I felt like breaking...I was about to. "Anthony is still be framed for your death, or sudden death. They used Courtney as a close alibi." 

"Cut to it damnit!" I practically yell. "They called the doctors you left and diagnoised you as unstable. They're holding Courtney against her will and said she was your sister and that you have a mental disabilty." I blinked a few times, leaning back and out the window.  

Then I began to laugh, "You mean to tell me that they actually believed that?" I ask silently. "The police arent just after Anthony. They're after you too." The silence was thick and made me lightheaded. My skin boiled with so many different emotions. My face flashed across the TV screen. Mental patient escaped on the bottom of my picture causing tears to pierce my eyes. "But what about Jessica? My real sister why wont she.." My voice trails off and I choke on tears. "She's in some debt of her own." Carrie whispers slowly. No one was willing to die for me but I was willing to die for them? I was once again giving more of myself than I needed to. We arrived at an odd building of some type. It looked fresh out of a scary movie. "He's here?" I ask silently. She nods and pays the cab and takes my hand. "Why?" I ask, and we slowly walk to the front door. "This was his house and.." She pauses before saying, "This is where his parents were murdered." She says, breaking eye contact and opening the front door. The first thing I saw was a staircase, lights were on and it smelt of dust and old cornflakes. She walked in slowly, holding my hand as we closed the door behind us. "No one's here but him. Go look for him." She insists and I freeze. "Are you sure? That we're alone I mean." I mumble nervously and she nods. "I promise. I'll stand and watch." She assures with a soft smile. I swallowed and began walking towards a different room. The room looked untouch, fine china still sat on the tables perfectly.