Not ever

"I was just leaving." Robert said and only then Lindsey noticed, he was carrying bags. "Excuse me."

Lindsey stepped away, letting Robert pass through, when Stevie appeared, asking him to come in. "He's moving the last of his things out." She said to clear it up and Lindsey felt like he could breathe again. "Are you okay? You're all pale."

"Well, for a second I thought you two got back together."

"No." She shook her head, going to the living room. "He had left some stuff behind, which he couldn't find without me, so..."

"That's a relief." Lindsey leaned against the back of the couch.

"What is it, Linds? Did something happen?"

He gave a small nod, exhaling deeply. "When you gave me that letter, I thought I put it in one of my guitar cases and not the suitcase. I thought I should unpack, but... apparently Kristen had the same idea and she found your letter."

"Oh my God... Did she read it?" 

"Yeah." Lindsey nodded, now turning to face Stevie. "Please, don't blame yourself." He added, seeing her changing facial expression. "I would have told her anyway, I just didn't want it to be such a shock."

"It's one thing when it's coming from you, it's another when she had to find out in some letter, through my words. How did she take it?"

"She cried. A lot. I tried apologizing, saying things, but she just... you know, she basically shut it all out. She asked me why I chose her to start with and not you. She said, we could have been parents to Will, being together or not, it didn't matter."

"No, you did the right thing."

"I'm not so sure now. It all caused everyone involved so much pain through the years."

"Did you get into a fight?"

"Not really, we've gotten into worse before. She just asked me if I love you enough to walk away from what she and I built together."

"So, you..."

"I said yes."

"As happy as I am, I also feel just as guilty and responsible." 

"Don't." Lindsey repeated what he said already, opening his arm for her, as she got closer, laying her head on his chest. He was stroking her hair, pressing kisses to her forehead from time to time, as they sat together, just in need of feeling each other's presence. 

"What bout your kids?" Stevie finally asked. 

"Kristen said she won't keep them away from me."

"Not that she could do that to begin with."

"Right, I'm glad we can avoid the grueling custody process. All I want now is just for that marriage to be over, however horrible it sounds, put it behind me and finally be with you. Really be with you, to have you and to be yours. When I think how we let the smallest things get to us, how our stupid principles made us drift apart... I hate us for it, I honestly do. If we learnt how to communicate, we wouldn't have gone through everything that we have. Years ago, you would have been my wife, we would have had children together, we-"

"Linds, don't do that, okay?" She looked up at him with pleading eyes. "Yes, you're absolutely right about all of it, but I don't want to think about it, what could have been..."

"Alright. How about we agree, not to ever do that? Focus on the future and what's to come instead?"

"I would like that very much." She smiled sweetly and he leaned in for a kiss. "I like that very much too..."

"You do?" Lindsey asked, with a certain glint in his eyes. "Maybe we can do more than just that?"

"And what do you suggest, mm?" 

"Come here." He showed to his lap and she more than happily obliged, straddling him. "Better." 

Although, she forgot all about her seductive ways suddenly, turning more serious again. "Is this right? I mean... You literally just walked out on your wife."

"You worry too much, baby. If I didn't feel it was right I wouldn't be here now or at least we wouldn't be kissing. Trust me, there is nothing more that I want at this moment than you. Being with you feels right."

"There had been a few moments in life when I thought you didn't feel like it, that I was the last thing you wanted."

"Hey, what about our rule of not going back in time?"

"Right, forgive me."

"I forgive you. Now... for how much longer are we just going to be talking?"

"You can shut me up right about now." She smiled and he reached up to kiss her again, this time not letting go, as he very gentlemanly asked for entrance and she parted her lips, welcoming his tongue into her mouth, not about to let him win the dual that easily. 

Without parting their lips, he tugged at the sleeves of the jacket she was wearing and took it off, as he then pulled her blouse over her head, before holding onto her, so he could lay her down. He hooked his thumbs into her panties, sliding them off along with her leggings, as he then moved up to remove her bra, leaving her completely naked. She sat up, capturing his lips, as she switched their positions, and enjoyed undressing him.  

With a little help from him, she slowly sat on him, staying still, when they were finally joined as one again. She blindly searched for his hands, entwining their fingers together, as she then asked him to look at her, before she started moving. She built up a rhythm, satisfying them both, concentrating on his face, she loved so much. 

He lifted his arms above his head, that way pulling her that more closer to him, as he then enveloped her, giving her small kisses, while now, he was in charge, lifting his hips up and then laying his back almost flat against the mattress and again. 

She gasped, when he sat them up, as she felt every inch of him this way, urging her to start moving again, and she did, lifting herself up from sitting on her heels and then down, repeating it, the whole time, her front glued to his, as he had to have her as near as possible.

Then he pushed forward, laying her on her back, as he hovered above her, still intimately joined, as he agonizingly slowly filled her, before completely pulling out. He teased her like this for a moment, until he noticed her eyes brim with tears. He thrust into her, as he began pushing faster and with more force, as they both were getting close. It was enough for him to hear her voice getting higher with every moan, when he brought his hand in between them, stimulating her, feeling her nails dig into the muscles of his back, as she started clenching around him and he thrust one last time, spilling within her. 

"That was incredible." She breathed, fighting back tears. 

He pressed kisses on her cheeks, saying. "Let go, fully..." 

"These are happy tears." She smiled, giving in at his words. "I'm so happy."

"As I am, baby." He returned her smile, pressing their lips together for an emotional kiss. "You're mine. You're really mine. I won't let you go."

"Not ever."

"Not ever." He nodded, touching his forehead to hers, as they shared a sweet eskimo kiss.

~

THE END

Thank you so much once again for you votes and lovely feedback!