Chapter 22- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 1

Whines8 Enjoy

*****************************************************************************************

It’s been about a half an hour since we all got back from our ride on Jacob’s family yacht and I have to say it was an amazing experience. I was skeptical about it at first but now that I have done it and felt what it was like to be on one and just cruse through the water, I would definitely do it again; especially with Jacob. 

After trying to drive the boat with Jacob for awhile, Jacob called Derek up to take over. Lauren was all to willing to help Derek drive the boat and instead of doing like I did and sit on Derek’s lap so he could assist her, she pushed him aside as soon as she got to the top of the boat and sat down at the wheel by herself. Derek spent half the time trying to get Lauren to let him steer which she was purposely ignoring. 

Jacob and I couldn’t help but laugh as we took the stairs back down to the lower level of the boat. Thankfully, I didn’t have to worry too much about Gabby seeing as she spent the entire time laid out on the tanning pads on the front of the boat. At one point, I was pretty sure she was sleeping which I was also grateful for. I did, however, catch myself fantasizing about pushing the ice queen off the side of the boat while she slept, but I quickly got ahold of myself and pushed thoughts of my boyfriends ex’s aside and spent the rest of the time cuddled up to Jacob, talking about random things with the occasional laugh when we heard Derek and Lauren playfully arguing with each other up above. 

Now we all were hanging out in the back of Jacob’s parent’s huge beach house. Lauren and I were lying back in some lounge chairs that were lined up on the stone patio that wrapped around the pool. Jacob and Derek were fussing over the grill prepping it to barbecue and Gabby was currently prancing around in only her bikini from early calling herself helping out the boys even though Jacob told her countless times that it wasn’t necessary.  

And while all this was going on, I was silently loathing inside. 

Not just because of Gabby’s obvious desperateness, which was becoming more intolerable by the second, but also because I was now being made to spend the rest of the day with Gabby all thanks to Derek’s big mouth. Derek stupidly came up with the bright idea to chill out here at Jacob’s parent’s beach house for the rest of the evening and do a barbecue. My stomach instantly dropped the moment Jacob had agreed and Gabby started gushing with over excitement.  

My so called best friend wasn’t any help either seeing as she made it very clear how great she thought her annoying boyfriends idea was. And when I gave her the “What the heck” look all she did was shrug and mouth “What?” before bouncing over towards Derek.

For the last ten minutes I’ve been silent as I mulled over everything that’s been bothering me today and for the last five minutes Lauren has been giving me curious side glances. I knew at any moment she would start up with her questions and I was right because no sooner that thought crossed my mind Lauren had twisted in her seat and removed her sunglasses. 

“Alright, what’s got you acting all broody?” she asked in a accusing way.  

Knowing she wouldn’t let it go until I told her what was on my mind, I decided to just spill, “It’s more like whom actually.” 

At my words Lauren glanced over towards the guys where the person of topic was still standing, “I’m just taking a wild guess here but does your current sulking have something to do with the tall blonde who seems to be hooked to your boyfriends nuts?” Lauren said jokingly making me glare at her and giving her a shove for good measure.