Chapter 6

I was terrified for life. I had Toothless raced towards [Name] when I saw her get knocked off of the Nadder she was riding. She managed to irritate the Red Death and have its attention diverted from me but its tail knocked her off. Time seemed to slow down when I raced towards her. My heartbeat was ringing in my ears.

I'm not going to make it!

With one finally push, Toothless grasp [Name]'s ankle before she was several feet from the ground. I heard her call my name but I didn't answer. In her eyes, I saw them flashed in fear as if she saw her life flashed in front of them. Toothless flipped her over so she could land on her feet. I could never forget the way she looked at me when she said, "Be safe."

I didn't reply because of how amazed I was of her. All she wanted was my safety, even when I pushed her away. She cared for my well-being. I realized I have to make it up to her.

No matter what, I will always be there to catch you.

~.~.~

We flew off but not as easily as when we first got here. We were trying to escape but the nets and chains that were aimed towards us were a lot more brutal than the first time. It's as if the men were even angrier that their leader got hurt and radiate to their weapons. Toothless flew left to right and down to up trying to avoid everything. The other riders weren't doing any better either. They barely manged to get away. Toothless was just about to reach for cover from the forest.

"Hiccup!" [Name] called from behind me. I looked behind me only for my eyes to widen. A sling of bolas were aimed towards us and it was too late to try to dodge.

The bolas wrapped around me and Toothless but knocked [Name] off. I shouted her name in a gasp. Fear struck me like a lighting bolt. No! I thought. In mid air, I struggled to get out of the bonds but it was no use. With a final roar, Toothless crashed into the ground. Dirt flew around us as we can to a stop.

Instantly, I reached for my dagger and cut us lose. My line of sight went straight to Toothless's fin. There was no real damage but maybe a bent bar so that would mean he will fly a little slower but will still be able to fly nonetheless. I looked towards his bright green eyes. He looked tired. He was breathing hollowly and he laid on his side like when I first met him. I knew he was in no condition to fly right now.

"Hey, bud," I petted his neck, "I know it hurts but we have to look for [Name]."

Toothless understood why she was important to me. If anything, she was important to him as well. She was like a second rider to him. As if the mention of her name brought him back to life, he stood and groaned but his wing looked a little sore while he tucked it to himself. I examined it, confirming its very minor sprain.

"Looks like we're going to have to look for her on foot, bud," I said as I climbed on the saddle while I carefully avoid the injured wing. Toothless roared and ran towards the direction I pointed at where I saw [Name] disappeared to.

As Toothless ran and dodged trees and other plants, I looked side to side to see any sign of [Name]. There wasn't even any signs of any damaged earth. It's as if she didn't crash at all. By now, Toothless has ran for quiet a while but he doesn't show any signs of stopping or slowing down.

"Toothless, stop, for a moment," I commanded. He stopped and looked at me when slid off of the saddle. "This isn't going to work. I need a dragon's eye view." I looked around the area we were at one last time before and I sighed, collapsing on the ground. My companion purred and nudged me with his head. "I know, bud. I'm just worried for her. I guess I'm a little jumpy with what just happened," I admitted. He purred again and tilted his head. "I mean, what happened to that sweet, little [Name]? What happened to never hurting a fly?" I sighed again and ran my hand through my hair. "Well," i stood, "we need to get to the others. It would be easier if we had others helping." We left to Dragon's Edge to find everyone is prepping for battle.

"Hiccup," Gobber was the first to notice me, "where have you've been?" He paused. "Where's [Name]?"

"No time for that," I shook my head, "we need to find [Name], quick." I hopped off of Toothless to head to my area to get a new tail fin for him to use.

"Hiccup," Astrid called, "I know [Name] is important to you and as much as I want to look for her as much as you do, we can't. We need to handle Dagur first."

I groaned, completely forgetting about the enemy.

"There are a ton of ships just waiting for us to strike. They already know that we are here. They're waiting for us to attack first." Fishlegs concluded in fear.

"How can we fight them when we don't even have an army?" Snotlout asked.

"Even when we can get some backup, Berk is too far and they'll never make it in time." Ruffnut shrugged.

I finally snapped. "Will everyone be quiet so I can think, please?"  Everyone stared at me for my outburst. "Thank you," I added sarcastically. I thought over my situation. Dagur was still out there and [Name] disappeared with possible major injuries. It was either rescue [Name] and have Dagur successfully completing his mission while hurting others or take care of Dagur and find [Name] possibly dead (if worse came to worse). I turned towards the others making my final decision.

"Let's make this quick and drive off Dagur."

Word Count: 1003

Status: Unedited