Snoggletog Special

A view of an island village comes into sight from the heavy fog.

This is Berk.

The land seemed much more colder than how it usually was.

Boast in the kind of balmy, fun-in-the-sun climate that will give you frostbite on your spleen.

A home come into a closer view. The cabin like home was frosted over with snow building up on the sides.

The one upside is our annual holiday.

We call it:

Snoggletog.

The view changes into a bedroom where a boy rested in the morning. There was a noise coming from his roof that was directly above his room. He peeked one eye open before squeezing both eyes shut and pulling his covers over his head to try to ignore the noises.

Why we chose such a stupid name continues to remain a mystery, but with the war long over and dragons living among us for three years, this Snoggletog is another memory to remember.

The noises continued (they might even have gotten louder). He decided to give up since it seemed to be the third year he is woken up earlier than usual.

"Alright, alright," the boy mumbled. He threw his legs over his bed. He tightened some of his screws on his prosthetic leg before getting up.

He walked outside with a steady foot with remembrance of a few years back. His attention was set on his roof.

"Are you going to do this every year?" Hiccup asked his beloved dragon sarcastically. He stood with his hands on his hips with an eyebrow raised.

His dragon answered only with a gurgle that sounded like a laugh. Hiccup teased back with the same noise in a mocking matter.

"Good morning, sleepy head," a voice giggled from the side of the house. Hiccup changed his view from his dragon to his best friend. There she was again, smiling as ever.

Hiccup's cheeks grew a healthy pink. Her smile glowed more than it usually does this time of the year. It's because she loves the winter holidays. She loved Snoggletog because she loved to make the people she cares about and those around her happy. Hiccup just wished she could enjoyed it more with her family.

"Oh, hello, [Name]," he cursed to himself for stuttering (he thought he was passed this phase already), "I didn't see you there."

Toothless climbed down from the roof and landed besides [Name], begging for affection. The girl obliged to give a gentle rub to the beast while he purred under her touch. The girl giggled, "You have a habit of spacing out."

Hiccup only chuckled to her sharp comeback. He ever wondered if it was his fault that she has a smart mouth. He watched his two best friends interact as he thought.

Maybe it's time I tell her...

He smiled.

"What are you smiling about?"

His thoughts were interrupted by a voice he's all too familiar with. He blinked a few times. [Name] was staring right at him. His face felt warmer. "Oh, nothing!" He looked away and scratched the back of his neck.

Her head popped into his line of vision. He jumped a little with her sudden appearance. "Come on, tell me!" He saw an evil glint in her eyes.

"It's nothing! I'm serious!"

"Is that why your in a giddy mood?" She started taking slow steps towards him in a playful manner. He didn't answer but backed away. "Tell me or else!" She started chasing him down the hill.