Chapter 13

You heard knocking outside of your door. You stayed silent not wanting your voice to crack under so much emotion. The knocking has been going on for days because of the constant check up from your friend. You locked him out and his knocking seems to be getting more desperate by the day. You wished you could answer his calls but you felt empty and trapped under your depression and anxiety. You didn't want anyone else coming any closer in your life. You didn't want anymore pain from your loved ones. You afraid to lose them. You gave up on fighting for life. The knocking continued but this was a different type of knocking, you noticed.

"[Name], it's Astrid."

You were surprised when you heard of all people to see you was the one you thought had hated you. You listened, hearing if she was biding you farewell for you knew death was upon you.

"Please open the door, [Name]. There are people who are worried about you. Come out so you can eat," she continued, "I'm worried about you, [Name]."

You looked up from your curled position in slight shock.

"Hiccup, isn't here at the moment, but you should see him. He's in pain just knowing you're in pain. When he isn't banging on your door, he's out here with his hands in his hair and sitting waiting for you. He isn't eating and you know how he's already skinny," she paused, "You see, you not the only one suffering. He's suffering with you.

"We all are. I know that we aren't exactly close...or on good terms with each other, but there wasn't a moment I felt amazed by you and seeing you like this...

"Point is I want to be friends with you," you heard a final, hollow bang on the door, "and I want to make it up to you by helping you, so please let me in and tell me everything. I want to be a shoulder to cry on. I want to be relied on. I want to have a purpose to fight. I want-"

She was cut off as you slowly opened the door. She gaped a little at how skinny and weak you looked. Her eyes traveled towards yours to find them glossed over.

"[Name]..."

You broke when you heard the care drip from that one word. You threw your arms around her shoulders and bawl into her shoulder. She welcomed it and wrapped her arms around you and petted your hair. Because of the force of impact and how weak you felt, you both collapsed on the ground onto your knees. She didn't say anything but simply to groom your hair as she held onto you tightly.

"Thank you, [Name]..."

~.~.~

Amazingly, you recovered quickly within only a couple of days. There was only a small ache from your ribs when you stretched and the gash was only a scratch now. Gothi was astonished but didn't say anything, or wrote anything to anyone. It was still surprising even with the smallest injuries a viking could receive, to be able heal twice, possibly thrice, as fast as it would usually take to recover. You guessed it was because of the whole time traveling situation you were in.

I don't even know what's going on anymore...you sighed.

Gobber explained to you about Gothi wanting you to take it easy for a few more days even with your fast recovery just to be safe. You reassured them both that you were fine and promised them you would practice being prudent.

When you finally managed to convince them that you were only going to take a stroll, you walked outside and breathed in the fresh air. You found the village a little more emptier than it usually was. It probably had to do with the fact Stoick took an armada to go find the dragon's nest. You already knew the outcome and the disappointment that will soon to come but you still prayed for everyone's safety.