Chapter 16

You flew threw the sky with Hiccup and Toothless. After the whole thing settled between you and Toothless, it was actually romantic. You remember the chill from the sharp wind but the warmth of Hiccup's back and the warm feeling inside of you.

You have to admit; it was scary at first when you saw your best friend next to the most fearful beast. Toothless didn't even react negatively towards you. He just jumped at your surprises. He took it rather gently and better than you expected.

Sunset turned into sun down and it was really dark. You remembered that your romantic evening turned horrible when you two discovered the nest. You three managed to escape and landed back in the cove.

You two turned towards each other. You asked, "What are we going to do now?"

~.~.~

"Today is about teamwork," you heard Gobber instruct, "now, the wet dragon head can't light its fire. The Hideous Sippleback is extra tricky. One head breathes gas, the other head lights it. Your job is to tell which is which."

It was another training day in camp and you can't help but to feel on edge. Something was different and you can't but blame yourself. You couldn't see your younger self nor can you feel any pain. You were guessing you weren't around at the time and skipped out on a lesson. You didn't quiet remember where you could've gone. It was starting to become a blurry memory.

Gas flooded the arena as the two-headed dragon escaped their imprisonment. The gas surrounded every student in the arena. Every single one of them looked timid. You could hear Fishlegs mumbling to himself in what you guessed nervousness. The first to move was, of course, Snotlout who was trying to show off followed by Tuffnut. Insults were tossed and Snotlout was knocked out by Astrid.

Nice to know nothing has changed about those two.

The Sippleback has already made its move and took Tuffnut into the foggy gas. Astrid was tripped and Tuffnut ran away. It was up to Fishlegs and Hiccup. One head finally popped out of the fog and Fishlegs quickly drenched it, only for it to be the wrong head. Now, it was up to Hiccup. The second head popped out and Hiccup was standing there with the bucket in hand.

Come on, Hiccup. Time for you to shine.

Hiccup tossed.

Weakly.

You would've slapped your head in frustration if it wasn't for the fact that Hiccup was currently in danger. You raced to the entry to try to save him. You stopped though when you saw what was happening.

The dragons were actually backing away.

You watched with astonishment as the dragons obeyed to Hiccup as he cornered them back into their cell. As they went back in, you saw Hiccup toss something in when he closed the doors.

Is that what I think it is?

You were skeptical. There was no way Hiccup would do something like that, or would he?

~.~.~

"Ah, Ragna! What are you doing here?"

You were already at his workshop standing in the entry with your arms crossed and a hip cocked out. You raised an eyebrow at his sheepish grin. "Really? An eel?"

"Well," Hiccup scratched the back of his head, "I had to take some extra precautions."

You hummed sarcastically, "Or was it to show off?"

Hiccup flinched, "Would you believe me if said it was both?"

You shook your head and uncrossed your arms. "Hiccup, the last thing you want to do is get attention. You don't want them to find out about..." you stopped in the middle of your sentence to look around then said, "about him, do you?"