Chapter 1: Dreams Silhouetting the Future

Disclaimer: I do not own Ao No/Blue Exorcist.

Originally uploaded on FanFiction.Net

Chapter 1: Dreams Silhouetting The Future

It was in the dark of night. I woke with a shuddering start. Heart beating, way too fast to be normal. But normal I wasn't anyway. My tail had tangled in between my legs and bed sheets, sticky with sweat.

It had been that dream again.

The one I continuously had, night after, night, after night. Black swirling, ever dark, dark, darker, but in the midst, a light shined forward, I would always reach towards the light, assuming it a way out. A way out of the abysmal darkness that had taken hold of my mind.

But, as I neared it I notice what it was for real. Blue flames. They quickly ignited around me, drowning my mind in their madness, burning away my false body. The part of me that still felt human. Looked human.

The flames tore it away, Ripping, tearing, searing. They were devouring me. I screamed. Begged. Pleaded. But still, they had their way with me. Soon, I was stripped of my Assian body. Ears longer, Talons, Flames circling my body. Menacing.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw him. He stood as tall as me, same blue hair, glasses. A black uniform sillueted by the flames. Silver, beautiful guns.

Yukio.

He would tilt his head to the side, right, every time. He would give me a look, like I was filthy; impure. He didn't look at me like a brother would look at a brother, twin to twin. He looked at me as if I was Satan himself. Then he would scowl. Every time I would be forced to watch, in slow motion, as his twin's mouth formed one word.

Just one word.

One damn word.

"Demon."

The words stung, like a thousand needles were poking through my pale skin, digging deep, into my heart. Twisting it into nothing more than a pile of bloody chambers.

Then he would raise his two silver guns, point them right at my being.

And shoot.

The bullet would race towards me and every time, it took about thirteen seconds for the pain to reach my body. Not that I wasn't already in pain.

It burned more, the bullets' holy water seeping into my veins.

"Die Demon. Leave us now; suffer."

His voice was so cold, so bland, and so lifeless. Couldn't he see how much suffering I had already been through?

Then I would fall.

Fall, the blue following me of course, through a small tunnel, in which everyone, all my friends, could see. They would laugh, taunt, or even take their own try at hitting me. Smiting me. KILLING me.

Then I would connect my blue eyes with hers.

Purple hair pulled back into twin pigtails, school uniform, and the most oddest of eyebrows. She was cute, beautiful even. Her eyes, a plum purple, were soft, forgiving, kind. Her face covered with a rose blush as she gave me a sideways glance.

Izumo.

But, then her eyes, they would always harden. Get the same empty look as the rest of them. They would fill with hate.