Chapter 7:Territory

Chapter 7: Territory

Wide eyes stared at the two new transfer students. It was odd for there to be two new students at one, and instantly everyone assumed they knew each other, and a few swore they were related. Though that thought was soon proved wrong.

One was a smiley happy girl, who was very eager to meet everybody, become their friends. The other had piercing blue eyes that anyone could see held malice. Although the girls swooned at the sight of him, not one noticed the uncomfortable shifting of those who saw it.

Then the boy with hip length hair gave a sweet, innocent smile, his eyes shifting to calm embers.

That caused just about every girl in the room to have a nose bleed.

"I'm Rin Okumura, pleased to meet you all. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, personally." His teeth were white. Perfect.

"And I'm Misao Urahaki. Please, I want to be your friends to!" She said happily, her body trembling with excitement. Her large breast trembled as well and just about every boy in the classroom joined the girls with noses bursting red.

"We are not related, but we know each other." Misao said happily.

"Misao is an old friend of mine, and is like a sister to me." Rin concluded, innocent smile in place.

They had arranged it to be like that, so they would not get in each other's way.

Everyone seemed excited about the new transfer students, except a girl way in the back.

She had dark brown hair, cold ruby eyes and a hateful frown.

She sat with her arms crossed, along with her legs.

Misao's smile faulted slight when she saw her, and felt a bead of sweat form on her brow.

She gave Rin a sideways glance. He could sense it to.

Quite obviously, that girl was a demon. She could see what the others could not. The ears, the pointed teeth, the fangs, and she didn't appear very happy to see them.

Rin POV

I gave the demon a friendly wave, and a closed eye smile. I figured I might have some fun here, and more than I had planned on before. I could tell this girl was about a mid-level demon, about on the same level as Misao.

I was way above the both of them, of course. They didn't need to know that. Not yet anyway. Most demons like this one claimed territory, and we had obviously strayed onto it.

Misao gave me another nervous glance that seemed to shout, 'What are you doing?'

I shrugged.

The teacher, a tall blonde lady, looked up at us happily then turned to the class who were very unaware of the demonic tension in this room.

"Does anyone have a question for Rin or Misao?" She said, raising a hand to gesture to us.

The demon raised her hand.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She asked voice vivid and angry.

"Miss Brenna! How rude!" The teacher immediately snapped, standing.

She turned to Me. "I'm real sorry, I don't-"

I held up a hand, silencing her. My blue eyes focused on the girl, a blaze seeming to be alight in them. "We are here, because we are going to school." I said calmly holding up a hand. "Simple as that."

The girl gritted her teeth, fangs showing.

She's a vampire. That's why she's so threatened. She can tell Misao needs the same thing as her, and is protecting her territory. Too bad she doesn't know about who she is insulting.