Chapter 5: The Coronation

Chapter 5: Rite of Power, Blood, and Loyalty /or/ The Coronation

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

"I'm sorry, so, so, so sorry."

~Third person~

Yukio was up in his bed, looking out the window with a dazed glint in his eyes. Most of the cram school students sat in a circle around his bed, and an eerie silence had hung over the room for fifteen minutes.

Yukio had awoken soon after the barrier breach a few hours ago. He had been having an episode, his body functions going nuts. He was fine, but the demon had slipped in, killed two nurses and a dozen exorcists. No one had seen his face. Except Izumo.

She had awoken feeling a warmth above her, spread over her face. Sad words. Goodbyes. She had gotten up and looked out the window seeing the demon. Seeing Rin. He had changed, and it scared her. She had known he had changed, she had been told, over and over. She didn't want to believe it. Could not. Would not.

She had kept her seeing him a secret.

The silence in the room continued like a blanket of nothing.

"I can't feel him anymore." Yukio eventually rasped out. His words felt tired and strained.

"Who?" Shiemi asked, happy the Exorcist spoke.

"Rin." He said looking down at his hands gripping the sheets tight.

"I had always felt a slight link with him. I knew when he was in trouble, most of the time. Call it intuition or what you will, but whatever it was, it's gone now." He said.

The students hung their heads, and Yukio looked at his inner wrist. A thin line, a scar, was there. He had not had it before, and he almost felt an evil radiate from it.

Silence cast its cloud over the room once more, and Shiemi hopped up. "I'll go get us some food from the school cafeteria!" she said. "Most of us are probably hungry." She said in her cheery voice running out of the room.

Her screams where unheard by the other students.

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

Blue flames burned brightly in the lamps. In a span of a few seconds the flames wavered from tiny to giant, and screams racked the walls of Gahenna Palace. In his throne room, no one moved or reacted to the screams.

Satan chuckled. Rin's pained screams were like music to his ears, and he smiled. Just a Side effect of having so much power in the body of a regular demon. As of his Ritual with his brother, Rin's body had much more power than his body could stand.

His days had been full of pain. Pain and screams. Pain and screams and taunts. Satan had been enjoying it. Sadly, He knew his son could not hold out much longer.

Sending out a thought, a guard came and kneeled before him.

"Get Rin, and prepare for his Coronation." Satan said, smile still present.

"On such short notice, master?" The guard said looking up. His head promptly exploded, body falling limp. A new guard took his place.

"Get Rin, and prepare for his Coronation." He said again, this time his smile not present. The guard ran out.

"And someone clean up this mess!" he said angrily.

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

~Rin POV~

Pain was all I knew once more. My blood was on fire and with every pump of my demonic heart it moved through my veins. Not to mention my Demonic heart hurt.