Chapter 10: Instinctual Massacre

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

I allowed the fire around my feet to burn just a bit brighter before I shot it out at the Exorcists.

Hitting them all in the chests, it served the purpose of knocking them back.

In the moment it took to shove them back I slid my ring off and shoved it into my pocket.

Power surged through me. More than I had allowed in a long while, and the sheer intoxication of it made my cocky smile widen.

Blue flame moved through my veins and to my finger tips, forming a long two handed katanna.

Holding it with one hand, I met the first attacker head on.

A mid level exorcist, we started our little bout without him losing right of the bat.

The knight set his blade forward to impale me through the heart, which I easily countered with the flat of my blade.

In all actuality, my blade should have shattered, allowing his to continue on it's path to killing me. Also, if not shattering, it should have skidded off and still hit me - even if it was in a different spot than it was aimed to hit.

My sword however, was a piece of my power, and as soon as his sword's tip met mine I allowed my katana to soften into fire for just a fraction of a second. It once again hardened around his piece of crap blade, and was stuck.

With a twist of my wrist, he was disarmed and headless.

His blade clanked to the ground as my flickered to flame for a second.

The other exorcists had paused for just a second as they watched a crimson puddle form under their comrade grow.

"What? No speculations?" I taunted, swinging my sword up to land on my shoulder.

I turn to look for my once brothers eyes in the crowd of exorcists.

Instead, I see the hate-filled eyes of my once friends.

Bon, Shima, Konekomeru, - Izumo. She was there as well.

I let out a shrill, empty laugh when I realized my friends had come to kill me.

Could I blame them? I mean I killed Shiemi.

Who wouldn't be mad about something like that, she was their -

MY friend -

My eyes widened.

She was not my friend. She was on the other side of the war.

The right -

Wrong... Side

My smile faulted as images shot through my mind.

Shiemi smiling, playing, dancing.

He saw Shiemi that first day she had come to the cram school, after we had defeated the demon in her garden.

She had smiled warmly, and he could practically see her eyes transform into hearts.

I was vaguely aware of the sword that had pierced me through the center, and the other small wounds and sword tips pointing in my flesh.

Words, muffled and in a different world seemingly altogether - seemed to only slight bleed through my pang of old memories.

" - Under arrest."