Chapter 9: Cocky

Chapter Nine: Cocky

Do not own.

3rd POV

Misao relaxed into the couch, the soft cushion seemingly to suck her in. How had she gotten into this mess? She should have just went with them, and now that Rin knows, things won't be the same. I mean, he is some average demon that she sucked into her drama. Now he knows she is a noble. Will that change things between them?

She shot up. What if he wanted to serve her!? She hated servants. They always do so much to try to make you happy, but they don't give you any space. And Rin was her friend.

She put a finger to her chin, thinking. Rin doesn't seem like someone who would serve though.

But it comes back to the fact that she had met plenty of demons who seem like they wouldn't serve someone, then they meet you and BOOM.

Most of the time, it was because they knew if they get on her good side, they could get something in return. I mean, nobles are rich. In food, and whatever they please.

Like a child she groaned and kicked her legs out back and forth vigorously.

"I hate being a noble!" She cried out, angrily.

The door to the bathroom door slid open, and a wave of steam rolled out.

Suddenly, Rin was in the room, towel wrapped around his hips, his abs and chest showing.

Misao blushed.

"Oi. What's your problem?" He asked, crossing the room, his wet tail making a line on the floor.

"I..I, uh..." Her words were taken by the sight of Rin.

"Nevermind." He said, going into his room, and closing the door.

Misao let out a breath she had held for a while.

Suddenly, the front door to the apartment burst open, and Misao's nightmares came true.

Before she could think, three small darts shot out and landed right in her neck.

"Godamn..." She slurred before fainting in to the arms of Valen.

"Let's go, I smell another demon here. Quick!" He hissed out at his follower.

They exited the room in haste, and left the door swinging.

Rin exited his room, dressed in a navy blue tee and jeans.

He eyed the ajar door in distaste.

"They could've at least shut the door behind them!" He said angrily, pulling on his hoodie.

"Hey! Stop! Unhand me now!" Misao screamed, trying to pull free of Valens grip on the chains That bound her arms, tail and neck.

"I'm sorry, Misao. I never wanted this... It's what she told me to do." He said sorrowfully.

The neko gritted her teeth. "How can you say that, being you!? I mean, you used to be so rebellious! What happened that made you do everything she asked!?" Misao hissed out.

"She is very persuasive. If I did this, we can get married, and then we can slack off. She'll make it so we don't have to do work or anything."

"Wait..." Misao, said stopping.

"So she's going to control your clan as well!?" He hissed out.

"No, she'll just manage it!" Valen said.

"You are the most Idiotic... Self absorbed... Lazy... Uugh!" She screamed out, as the chains were pulled taunt by Lor, who hadn't stopped when she had. "Watch what you're doing!" She growled out, angrily.