Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Ashton's POV

SPLASH. Cold water is suddenly poured all over my face to wake me up, surprising me completely. I sit up immediately, waving my arms around blindly.

I know I've hit my target when I hear someone groan. Michael.

My head is thumping hard and my eyes slowly adjust to the bright sun around me. We're in my house, I think. How did we end up here? It looks beautiful today but the sun isn't really helping with my heartache.

"Michael?" I croak out. I look around my room and found him sitting, awkwardly at the end of my bed with a grim smile on his face. I ignore his smile. "Michael? What the heck happened last night?"

My head begins pounding again and Michael hands me water and some aspirin. I chug down the water desperately. Sighing dramatically in relief.

"Look for yourself." He says dramatically as he hands me a newspaper. I roll my eyes at him. Surely it can't be that bad. I quickly skim through the article. I drop the newspaper in shock.

"Shoot! Shoot shoot shoot!" I groan as I ran in to the living room. Caulum and Luke were watching She's The Man but I grab the remote out of Luke's handl

"Hey!" They protest as I change the channel over to Truly Gossip.My mind is racing too fast to even acknowledge them. No no no no no.

A picture of Gabriella appears. She is crying, mascara running down her face as she seems to be leaving the party.

"Heartthrob boy band member has done it again," some unimportant blond girl  appears on the screen. Shoot. What have I done? "Gabriella and Ashton had been dating for over 6 months when she decided to pop the question..."

Her voice fades away as I remember what happened.

FLASHBACK

We were dancing slowly together to "All My Life" by k-ci and jojo. Her head leaning on my chest, our fingers entwined around each other.We were dancing slowly, just the way she wanted.

But this wasn't what I wanted . Every time I was with her I felt as if my hands were being slowly tied together.

I need to break up with her.

"Ever since we met I feel as if I have become a better person," she looks up to me, smiling softly. Of course she would decide to make me feel bad now.

Me, being the kind-hearted person I was, I smiled back.

She dragged me to the side of the room to get some punch, it tasted sour and off

"Isnt this punch great?" She asks.

"Yes, its just perfect." Lies fall effortlessly from my mouth now.

"Well as I was saying, I think we are good for each other. In fact, I think we're perfect for each other."

Oh shoot. I really need to stop her, I need tell her the truth.

"Gabriella, I also need to tell you someti-" I try to interrupt but I notice she isn't listening.

" I have spoken to lots of people about our relationship," she carries on.

What?

" I even spoke to my agent and she agrees with me,"

With what? I just nod, wanting to know what she is going to say, but she doesn't even notice.

"And I know how you're shy and scared. So I decided to be the one to take the big step." She chew her lips, nervously. Her brown eyes glowing with hope.