chapter 6

EMILYS POV

I'm running down a meadow, I'm a happy child. My laughter can be heard from miles away and all the birds come to watch me. Everything around me is beautiful, the flowers full of colour, the trees dancing with life. Even the grass is mesmerising.

I take a deep breathe and sigh as I breath in the sweet air. My mother and father are holding my hand, one parent on each side. we are all care free. My mother looks younger and my father has no dark circles under his eyes, instead he gives me a look full of love.

Suddenly the scenery changes and I'm stuck in a dark, dry place, in side a cage.All the meadows look as if had been burnt down, and everything had died...except me.

I'm no longer laughing, instead im crying.

My clothes are ripped and dirty, my hair tangled and burnt.

There is a growl behind me and I see a wolf. His eyes are black, dead and his body sickly thin. He looked like he needed to eat something soon and I was his next meal.

He runs up to me, I try to scream but I can't. Only silence escapes my mouth. His face keeps on transforming into different creatures. All of them looking demonised as he jumps forward and-

I wake up sweaty. My throat is dry so I decide to go get drink. Everyone else is sleeping and I envy them. They all get to sleep happily while I wake up every night because of my nightmares.

It's been happening ever since I moved here, the nightmares. They always happen every single night but they aren't always the same.

I used to have sleeping pills to help me sleep better but it was honestly no better. The nightmares were more realistic and longer, and this time I couldn't escape the nightmares. Ever since then I have refused to have any sort of pills.

I chug down my water in an unladylike way, but no one is her to scold me, so I wipe my mouth with my sleeves.

On my way back, I hear a sound. A lot of whispering.

Strange.

I make my way to the whispering, which sounds like it came from the guest room. I know I should probably tell one of the guards or fairies,  it could be a thief that managed to sneak in, but I don't.

The closer I get to the whispering, the clearer the person sounds. I know who it is, Carly and Sarah. What are they doing here at this time?

They're plotting against you! My subconscious-self yells at me. I try to ignore it. The fairies plotting against me? No, they're far to kind....and scared of me.

"We can't let the Princess find out about this, she'll be furious!" whispers Carly, fiercely.

Can't let me find out about what? With my fluffy unicorn socks, I slide towards them, making sure I don't make any noise. I even try to keep my breathing quiet.

"Relax, Carly," Sarah breaths. "She won't find out. Anyways we need to be welcoming to our guest."

Guest? I'm now hiding behind the door entrance.

"Who's gonna be furious?" asks a boy. I don't recognise his voice, but it has an accent, Australian. "If your Princess is as bad as you said she is, maybe I should get going. I don't want to meet this.....Medusa"

Medusa! How dare he! Out of anger (and curiosity) I come out of my hiding spot. The first thing I notice is that there is a huge crack in my window and a rock on the floor.

More Than Thisजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें