Chapter 11

Continuing from previous chapter...

"I agree with Ashton, you guys need to tell us something, stop sneaking around. Just be straight with us, we're not going to be mad, we will be happy for you." Luke adds, finally speaking up. 

Michael and Calum kept looking at each other neither wanting to speak first but both Luke and Ashton were waiting for an answer. There was a lot of tension in the van. 

"Oh would you look at that we're at the hotel." Michael exclaims and before Ashton or Luke can say anything he is opening the door to the van and hopping out pulling Calum with him, Michael tells the bell boy to grab their bags and they are quickly going to the concierge to check in. 

"What are we going to tell them?" Calum asks Michael while they wait in line. 

"I don't know, stall them until we figure it out?" Michael suggests with a shrug. 

Calum remains silent, there's not much he can say and soon Michael is checking in for not just them but for the whole band and crew. On one hand Calum wants to come out to Luke and Ashton but he knows Michael doesn't really want to and that is straining altogether, but he also understands why Michael doesn't want to. He doesn't make it weird in the band but by them not saying anything they are making it weird. Luke and Ashton had caught up with them and they were all heading to the elevators.

"This conversation isn't over." Ashton glares at the two and then he is standing there silently as they wait for their floor. 

"You know Ashton you're the one making a big deal out of this getting so upset over it, like I don't even want to tell you anything because your attitude about this whole thing has been shit." Michael tells him. 

"I just don't understand why you can't just tell us! We are all best friends here, or at least I thought we were." Ashton states.

"Maybe it's something I'm not comfortable of speaking about." Michael retorts.

"Michael you already said that you would date whoever you wanted it didn't matter the gender so I don't get why you're so uncomfortable." Ashton points out.

"Guys can we not do this here in an elevator?" Luke asks. 

"Because it's you! I don't want you to judge me! I don't want to hear your comments about us, I don't want the teasing. Fuck Ashton we would have told you when we were ready and when there was something to tell. No one likes to be pressured and that's all you've been doing!" Michael says ignoring Luke. 

"Mikey-" 

"No Calum, it's true." Michael states cutting Calum off.

"No, I'm saying you kind of need to get off the elevator." Calum mentions to the now opened door. 

"Oh." 

With that Luke and Calum are dragging Ashton and Michael down the hall to one of the rooms so that they could continue their argument in private. It didn't take long until they were back at it. 

"Michael I didn't want you to feel pressured." Ashton says softly.

"Well how the fuck else would I have felt? You've been on our cases for 2 months now. You have never let up!" Michael raises his voice. 

"JUST TELL US! HONESTLY THIS WOULD ALL STOP IF YOU WOULD JUST TELL US!" Ashton shouts at him. 

"FINE!" Michael shouts back.

"Wait what? Michael are you seriously going to tell them?" Calum questions from where he was sitting on the bed. Both and he Luke were watching the two older boys yell at each other, Luke thought it was a total put up your feet and grab a bag of popcorn moment. 

"We don't really have a choice Cal." Michael looks to his somewhat, almost boyfriend.

"But I didn't really want to come out like this." Calum mumbles. 

"Me neither, but somebody had to be a jackass." Michael looks to Ashton. 

"So are you two like boyfriends?" Luke asks. 

"No, we're not." Calum says.

"Wait you're not together?" Ashton looks puzzled.

"We're not together together." Michael explains.

"Huh?" Luke states confused.

"We went on a date, we kiss...a lot...and uh stuff...yeah...uh but neither one of us asked the other out so we're sort of together but not like officially?" Michael scratches the back of his neck nervously, "uhm we call each other babe, I don't know what you want me to say." 

"Why didn't you just make it official?" Luke asks. 

"I don't know, we just weren't there yet." Calum chimes in with a sigh before he looks up at Michael with a sad smile. 

"I'm sorry." Ashton says. "I shouldn't have pressured you guys into telling us, I should have waited until you guys wanted to tell us, were you ever going to tell us? I mean I support your relationship or whatever it is or whatever it will be, just no like major PDA in front of us okay?" 

"We would have told you. We would have gotten to the point where we didn't want to hide anymore, well to an extent. Our parents know, and they support us, but no way in hell are we going completely public. I am not ready to tell the fanbase at all." Michael says.

"I agree with you, I'm not ready to tell the fanbase either." Calum nods his head in agreement.

"But Cal I thought you were straight?" Luke asks.

"I'm clearly not. I mean have you seen Michael?" Calum states and Michael blushes. 

"Shut up." Michael mumbles. 

"But how did this all happen? I mean what made you guys want to be together?" Ashton asks and that's how it all started.

For the rest of the night Michael and Calum told them how Michael wanted to kiss someone feeling and that at first it was awkward but they both found out that they liked kissing each other. They shared a few kisses with the two boys in the room and it felt good to not be able to hide how they were feeling with their two best friends. Of course there was teasing and a lot of blushing from Michael and Calum but both felt good that they were somewhat free, they just didn't know how their fans would take it. Oh yeah, and when they went to fall asleep Calum asked Michael to be his boyfriend. Michael said yes. They were happy, so happy they were together and that they could now be open with their relationship in front of their friends and family. Now to try to remain hidden from the fans and paparazzi. 

***

A/N don't worry, you'll find out more about how Calum asks Michael out later on xx 

Thoughts on Michael and Ashton arguing?

Michael and Calum finally telling them?