chapter 19

Everything was quiet, the whole arena silent as Michael gaped across the stage at the boy he called his boyfriend. It was tense, they didn't know what to do, Michael knows that Calum didn't mean for it to come out, but it did and it's out there now.

"Fuck." Calum mutters into the microphone. He doesn't know what to do, on one hand he wants to walk over to Michael, but on the other hand he doesn't want to because he doesn't know what Michael will do. He knows they weren't ready to come out, but it happened. His heart is beating quickly. 

Ashton and Luke look lost and confused, they don't know how to help their friends at this point. It's been a minute of complete silence. Calum stood at his microphone stand, Michael at his. They were just staring at each other. 

Soon Michael said something, it was simple, all he said into the mic was "Calum", he doesn't know why he said it but he did. He wanted Calum. Maybe this was fate. Maybe this was the way they were supposed to come out to everyone. On stage. Having their two worlds collide. 

"Calum." Michael repeats this time a bit strong. Calum was frozen in place, wide eyed at Michael. 

"Calum, please." Michael says and this time Calum is walking across the stage towards his boyfriend. 

When he gets to the other side, Michael pulls him into a hug wrapping his arms around Calum's waist. Calum buried his face in Michael's neck as begins to sob. 

"Baby, shush, it's okay." Michael whispers in Calum's ear.

"I'm sorry, I am so fucking sorry." Calum tells him through his tears. 

"We would have had to come out eventually." 

"But it shouldn't have been this. I fucked up." Calum mumbles.  

"Calum, it's okay." Michael rubs his boyfriend's back before pulling away to face the audience, keeping one arm on Calum's waist. The younger boy latching onto his boyfriend, keeping his face away from the audience. 

"Hi everyone, so I'd like to introduce you to someone." Michael starts and he can feel Calum tense. "You already know him as the bassist of the band, the one with the soft, sweet singing voice, but to me he's my best friend, who also happens to be my boyfriend." 

"Michael." Calum mumbles. 

"Look Cal, we've been best friends forever, and somewhere along the way I fell in love with you, through all the kisses and the comfort you have brought me over the years. We may have not been ready to tell everyone, and maybe it was fate that it happened tonight, but these are our fans, the two boys we share the stage with are our family and I know they support us, our families back home have supported us from the start. I am happy to share the stage with the three of you, my best friends, but I am also happy to share the stage with the love of my life. I cannot believe I didn't see this before, and fuck, that panic attack may have like given me some sort of revelation, but I love you Calum, I'm in love with you, and I want the world to know it." 

Calum just stood there jaw dropped at what Michael just told everyone in the room. He just kept looking at the boy he loved. He didn't think this is what this night would come to. Michael just kept staring back at him. 

"Holy shit Calum do something!" Ashton shouted into his mic where he sat with his drums. 

"You guys said it started with a kiss, fucking kiss him Calum!" Luke added. 

And soon the audience was chanting 'Kiss! kiss! Kiss!' 

Calum finally got the nerve to do something and he gulped before places his hands on either side of Michael's face and he brought their lips together. It was as if they were the only two in the room, the cheers of their friends and fans disappeared. It was only them together, moving their lips in sync. Both pulled away with smiles on their faces and tangled their hands together and faced the audience.