chapter 18

Everything was going well it had been about a week since Ashton confronted Michael and Calum about hanging out with him and Luke, things were good. They had an early start to their day today with radio interviews but 5 Seconds of Summer wasn't letting that get them down. They were excited to be playing a show today, it had been a couple of days since they last played for someone other than themselves. So they were already at the venue, Michael and Luke were playing video games once more. Luke was getting seriously annoyed with Michael and vice versa. They had a couple of hours until the show so they weren't needed right away. 

"Luke for fuck sake help me!" Michael told him. 

"Michael you do know it's just a game right?" Luke retorted.

"Yeah I know it's a game, I also know we are supposed to be a team and you're basically sending me on a suicide mission. "Michael seethes as he tries to direct his guy to go somewhere else in the game.

"Oh who cares, if you died in the game we can just start over big deal. We've been playing forever." 

"I want to win, I've been trying to get past this level for a couple of days now, and I'm asking you for your help." 

"And I am helping." Luke stresses. 

"You - oh my fuck you just killed me!" 

"Oops, looks like we will have to do something else now." Luke shrugs, it really wasn't a big deal to him, he liked playing for fun, he hated when Michael got competitive. 

"I'm never playing with you again." Michael turns to him. 

"Oh my god you say that all the time, and yet we still always play. You have no one else to play with." 

"Well then next time actually help instead of fucking around!" Michael raises his voice. Video games were his thing, he enjoyed playing them, and yeah sure he got a tad bit competitive but he was really working hard to beat this game, he had been stuck on this level for awhile and he asked Luke to help him with it. Sometimes Calum would play with him but it always ended up with them just making out instead of actually playing. 

"Michael for the last fucking time! It's a game!" Luke shouts at him. 

"What is going on here?" Calum comes into the room with Ashton trailing behind him. 

"He's being a dick!" Luke exclaims. 

"No, I just asked for your help with a game and you fucked it up! You killed me!" 

"It's just a game!" Luke repeats. 

"Okay would you both shut up?" Calum asks. Ashton was staying out of this one, last time he got in the middle of Luke and Michael fighting he ended up with a black eye from the remote controller that Michael had thrown at Luke. 

"Could you tell him if he's going to help me win a game that he could I don't know ACTUALLY HELP!" Michael tells his boyfriend. 

"Or could you tell Michael that he gets way too competitive and that it's just a game." Luke adds. 

"But I like-" Michael starts but gets cut off from Calum.

"Mike it is just a game." Calum states and Michael's jaw drops. He couldn't believe it, his own boyfriend wasn't taking his side. 

Michael wasn't going to stand there any longer, he made his way out of the room, not of course without whacking his shoulder off of Calum to show he was mad. 

"Michael babe come back! You didn't let me-" Calum starts.

"DO NOT call me babe right now." Michael tells him off and then he is going back into the main part of the dressing room.