The Slug Club

(Emily's pov) 

The book nearly kept me awake all night just thinking who the person could be.I couldn't ask Remus because what would he know about a princess?He grew up in a wizarding background.I only know about princesses because Cece grew up in a muggle orphanage and told me about their fairytales.The only thing I got out of it was that the person was most likely a girl, extremely intelligent,especially at potions and was a half-blood.That narrows it down.

After what seemed like minutes Remus entered my room and woke up Viola and I.I slowly got my things,still half asleep as was Viola.It doesn't help that the full moon was a couple of days ago.We ate breakfast silently before we apparated to King's Croos.Well Viola side-along aparated with Remus.

"Goodbye.Stay safe.I'll write to you"Remus said,giving me a big hug and I hugged him back tightly.I saw Mr and Mrs Weasley and I gave them a hug too.

"You stay safe too"I whispered as Remus started to walk away but I know he heard me.Cece,Viola and I started to walk down the train and people were staring at us.

"Stop looking at me bloody girlfriend!"I heard Seamus snap and I laughed as Cece blushed.We found a compartment and I lay down on the seat as the others were squashed on another one.Well,We all can't be comfortable.

"So Seamus how are you?"I asked,laughing and he smiled before going into a detailed description of how he visited his cousins in Wexford.Its some place in Ireland apparently.

"Yeah.Aoife was moaning as usual but Paddy was fine.We played Quidditch"he said and Viola mockingly yawned.I was only being polite.I didn't really care about his summer.

"Okay Seamus.Thats enough sweetheart.I think I'm going to fall asleep"Cece said laughing slightly and Seamus stuck his tongue out at her.

"I'm going to get changed into my robes"I said,foreseeing a snog session between the two and Viola jumped up and left after me.

"Ugh.Do they have to kiss everywhere?"she moaned and I agreed.We got changed into our robes and we both bought some sweets from the trolley lady.I don't know what her name is.I think it's Barbara or something like that.

"Are you Emily Black?"a second year asked me and I nodded.He handed me a piece of parchment wrapped in a violet ribbon before running off.

"What is it?"Viola asked and I opened it up.

Emily, 

I would be delighted if you would join me for a bite of lunch in compartment C. 

Sincerely, Professor H.E.F. Slughorn

"I guess you ought to go"Viola said and then another student came up to her and gave one to her and she visibly brightened.

"Cool"she whispered but when we arrived at compartment C it was anything but cool.

"You must be Emily!I've heard so much about you"Slughorn,I'm guessing,said enthusiastically and then he looked at Viola. "You must be Viola.Please sit"he said and I noticed Cece,Neville,Harry,Ginny,Zabini and two other seventh year boys I didn't recognise.Viola and I sat down and I found myself between Viola and Ginny.

"Well now, this is most pleasant," said Slughorn cozily. "A chance to get to know you all a little better. Here, take a napkin. I've packed my own lunch; the trolley, as I remember it, is heavy on Licorice Wands, and a poor old man's digestive system isn't quite up to such things... Pheasant, Belby?"

It was clear what Slughorn's motives were after awhile.We were all apparently well connected people.I don't know who he's going to talk about to me.Dad's dead,Mam's dead and I highly doubt he's here to talk about Remus.Maybe Sev.Belby had an uncle who created the Wolfsbane potion but his dad and his uncle had a fight and Slughorn lost interest.McLaggan's uncle was high up in the ministry.Apparently Zabini's mother was beautiful and had seven husbands who died of mysterious causes.Ginny had preformed a wonderful bat-bogey hex.Odd way to get invited to a teacher's compartment.Cece and Neville about their parents but he seemed to like Cece more.Harry of course because he was the Chosen One.

"And Viola Walters.I heard you stayed with your Aunt Deirdre Connolly for two weeks this summer"Slughorn said and Viola nodded.

"Well I was disowned.I didn't want to burden Remus and Emily anymore and they offered"Viola said with a tight smile.There was tense silence before Slughorn spoke again.

"Oh I didn't hear.Are you and your Aunt close?She is the Minster of Magic in Ireland"He said and I almost chocked on my food.Since when was Viola's aunt a Minster for Magic.

"Well I did stay with her after I got disowned which would insinuate that I am close to her"she replied sarcastically and Zabini snorted into his drink.Slughorn laughed awkwardly and moved into his next target:me.

"Emily Black!If I may offer my condolences. It is very hard to lose a parent but two?At such a young age.And then Mister Diggory too"he said and I clenched my jaw.

"Thank you"I replied stiffly but he didn't seem to notice.

"You even went to Azkaban last year!You brave,brave girl.You were treated very bad but you have to move on.I also heard you got nine 'O's in your OWL's.Amazing!"he exclaimed.The abrupt change of subject amazed me and his lack of sensitivity.I'm not that sensitive but I don't go around declaring everything bad that happened to someone and then mention a pointless thing like OWL's.I'm going to do my NEWT's anyway.

"Yes"I replied simply and he babbled on about my 'unfortunate past'.You can say that again.

"I also taught your uncle Severus Snape and your mother of course.They were amazing at potions and I heard you inherited the trait"he said but as I said nothing he started to babble about all the famous people he knew.

"Good gracious, it's getting dark already! I didn't notice that they'd lit the lamps! You'd better go and change into your robes, all of you. McLaggen, you must drop by and borrow that book on Nogtails. Harry, Blaise,Emily,Cecilia... any time you're passing. Same goes for you, miss," he twinkled at Ginny. "Well, off you go, off you go!"

I rolled my eyes.I certainly noticed that the lanterns were on but I was already in my robes anyway.I walked out and Viola scowled.

"He was Head of Slytherin before he retired. I wish he stayed retired.He's probably going to send the Irish Prophet pictures of me, telling them that I'm a werewolf.Aunt Deirdre is going to kill me.She told me to keep it a secret"Viola said angrily and I nodded.

"I know and he just revealed Cece's and I's pasts like it was nothing"I replied and Cece nodded.

"I'll catch up with you"I said as I saw Harry pull out his invisibility cloak.I murmured a spell under my breath and black dust stuck to the cloak.I followed it which wasn't hard as the halls were empty and once we reached the compartment Zabini went into I made the powder disappear.Harry stopped the door with his foot and then he pushed the door open and Zabini fell into Goyle's lap.I let out a loud giggle and Crabbe,Goyle, Zabini,Parkinson and Draco all turn to me.

"That was you?"Draco asked sceptically.

"It was only a bit of fun Draco"I replied innocently but something told me that he didn't believe me and he might just have seen Harry's white trainer which was exposed for a second.My eyes traveled to the other people in the compartment and they were all glaring at me.

"What are you doing here anyway?"Draco snapped and I shrugged.

"What a girl can't visit your cousin anymore?"I joked and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Not when she's a Gryffindor"he snapped and it was my turn to narrow my eyes.

"You had no problem with me being a Gryffindor before.So,what's different now?Is it because your daddy tried to kill me?"I said in a dangerously low voice.

"Don't say a word about my father"Draco screamed,abruptly standing up which made Parkinson jump.

"Your father got what he deserved.He deserved the dementors but sadly they're gone"I said,my voice rising.

"So did yours Black.Si did yours"he hissed and I resisted the urge to slap him or punch him or hex him.

"Goodbye Draco"I said cooly before walking out,slamming the door behind me.I looked down at the journal in my hand and smirked.It appears that not only teenage girls keep diaries. 

----------------------------------------------------A/N Thanks to 'ProudToBeInSlytherin' for fanning.It means so much and thank you all so much for your support.160 fans!Thats just amazing and it means so much to me