Christmas Holidays

(Emily's pov)

The next morning I followed Sev down the hallway.

"You're hiding something from me!"I shouted and it echoed around the empty hallway.No one was here because most were on the train or waving goodbye to their friends on the train.I was just going to apparate.

"Emily"he growled as he stopped in front of me.

"You're hiding something from me"I said again and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Yes because we all know so well what happened last time you found out the truth. You can't handle it"Sev hissed and I glared up at him.

"Well maybe that's because nobody tells me anything!And you know everyone just shrugs at the fact that my mum killed her grandfather"I shouted angrily and he sighed angrily before he started to walk again.

"Fine!Don't tell me!"I shouted and with a popping sound I was gone.Why wouldn't he tell me?Idiot.Remus looked at me for a moment before he hugged me.I sighed but hugged him back.

"It's good to see you.But will you stop sending me them bloody letters?"I exclaimed and he laughed,a pink tinge appearing on his face.

"I was worried"he replied and I rolled my eyes at him.Typical Remus.

"Where's Viola?"he asked and I frowned before remembering what she told me.

"She's staying with her aunt in Ireland for the holidays.I don't know what she's doing this summer"I replied.Ah,the disadvantages of being disowned.Well I did hear that she nearly wiped the Walters Gringott account clean,though,and that's saying a lot.She could probably buy a whole housing estate.

"We're going to the Burrow for Christmas Eve"Remus said and I grinned at him.I hadn't seen Fred nor George since the summer and it just wasn't the same through letters because you couldn't trust letters nowadays.

Christmas Eve approached sooner than expected.Sev hadn't contacted me.Git.And I was in a rather bad mood for them days but both Cece and Neville had visited and that improved my mood.

We arrived at the Burrow and I knocked.It took a moment but Fleur opened the door and an irate Mrs Weasley showed us in.I'm guessing she didn't like Fleur.

"How's Gaby?"I asked and Fleur shrugged.

"Ça va bien.You know same old.She's a bit stressed about ze exams but she is fine" Fleur said and I nodded.

"She has a boyfriend Pierre"Fleur said.Am I the only one without a boyfriend?Like really?Well technically Draco and Viola aren't together but I've seen her sneak off and I think my guess is very accurate.

"EMILY!"two voices shouted and I was literally attacked and I fell to the floor.All I could see was orange and I just lay on the floor as they both got up.

"It's good to see you too"I mumbled and Fred laughed loudly before helping me up.

I glared at them but I soon stopped because I couldn't be angry with them.

"It's really good to see you.It really is"I said with a smile and they dragged me off to the table and I sent Remus a desperate look but he just laughed at me.

"Traitor!"I exclaimed but that just made him laugh more.The place was hectic.Music was blaring from the wireless and Fred had started a competitive game of exploding snap with me.

"You're going down Freddie boy"I said in a sing song voice and he raised an eyebrow.

"Really Black?We'll see about that"he replied and we both laughed but then both our faces turned serious.It was on.

At the end of the game,Fred had lost an eyebrow and a decent amount of arm hair( his arms were really hairy!) while I had lost most of my fringe and some eyelashes.Fred won but I could grow my eyelashes and fringe back in the blink of an eye and he was left with one eyebrow until Mrs Weasley finally agreed to charm it back.

"Cheer up Remmie!"I said,taking a chair and sitting beside him.He was looking into the fire as if it had the answers to everything and he was completely ignoring everyone in the room.He looked up at me and sighed.

"Want to get me some chocolate?"he asked as Harry and Mr Weasley began to talk.I looked at him oddly.It was not his 'time of the month' and he only needed,I mean really needed chocolate before he changed.

"Alright"I said and I heard a snippet of Harry's and Mr Weasley's conversation, something about an unbreakable vow.Ooh whoever made that did not want to break it.

I asked Mrs Weasley for some chocolate and a minute later she gave me a chocolate frog.

"Thanks"I said gratefully and I spotted George looking at me from across the room.

"What's wrong?"he mouthed at me.I tended to eat chocolate when I'm sad or angry.Not the best habit but it helped.

"It's for Remus"I mouthed back and he looked over at Remus before nodding.I gave him one last smile before I walked back to Remus.

"I neither like nor dislike Severus,"he was saying to Harry"No, Harry, I am speaking the truth," he added, as Harry pulled a skeptical expression. "We shall never be bosom friends, perhaps; after all that happened between James and Sirius and Severus, there is too much bitterness there. But I do not forget that during the year I taught at Hogwarts, Severus made the Wolfsbane Potion for me every month, made it perfectly, so that I did not have to suffer as I usually do at the full moon."

"Neither like nor dislike him?I'm pretty much a minnie him"I said with a laugh and Remus frowned.I guess that it was a serious moment then or Remus just realised that I'm a minnie Sev.

"Okay grumpy pants.Just 'cause you haven't seen sunlight or humans recently"I said with a sigh.He had been a spy for Greyback's army.Greyback was the one who bit him.Evil foul creature.I didn't know how Remus snuck away to send me letters daily because it would look suspicious,

"My dad used it,"Harry said"I saw him in the Pensieve, he used it on Snape."

I was brought back to the conversation after I blanked out,thinking of ways how Remus sent them letters.

"Your dad isn't the half-blood prince"I said with certainty and Harry's head snapped towards me.

"How do you know about the half-blood prince?"Harry asked and I shrugged.

"You dropped it at dinner last night and I saw the name and I did notice your sudden skill in potions"I replied cooly and a light blush appeared on Harry's face.

"Why isn't it my dad?"he asked and Remus raised an eyebrow at me,crossing his arms but he knew it wasn't James Potter either.

"For one thing your dad was a Pureblood. For another thing I have an identical book except it is labeled the Half-Blood Princess and the only important females in his life were,as I heard,Lily Evans and his mother. His mother was Pureblood and Lily Evans was muggle-born.I believe these people are connected hence it cannot be your dad"I concluded and Harry looked as if I killed his puppy.Remus paled for a moment and I looked at his curiously.

"What?"I asked but he just shrugged.Fleur started singing(very badly if I might add) and everyone took this as the time for bed.I had to share a room with Ginny and Fleur.Ginny wasn't too happy and she kept on making faces whenever Fleur turned.It was rather amusing but then Fleur started to notice our stifled laughs and Ginny turned off the light before she could say anything.

The next morning we all exchanged presents in the kitchen.The room was full of laughter and I felt a bit out of place.I wasn't their family.I should have be spending it with mum and dad in our own house but I only got that for one year and I was too young to remember it.

"Here you go Em"Remus said,giving me a hug.He didn't let go for awhile and I had to squiggle out of it.He gave me my normal chocolate stash and a necklace with a grey diamond in the middle.

"Remus"I said,stunned."This must have been so expensive.It's too much"

Remus shook his head with a smile and put it on me.

"It was worth every galleon"he said and I started to wonder if he would have enough for the rest of the year if I didn't take money from the Black account(thank Merlin I still had access to it after the will) or the Snape account.

George came over to me with a grin on his face,Fred following him.He handed me a piece of parchment and I stared at it.

"Wow thanks"I said after a minute of silence and he tapped it and in elegant writing was:One Full day with George Fabian Weasley.

I laughed and then Fred tapped another piece of parchment which said:without Fred interrupting(be good now or I'll tell mum ;) )

"Wow"I said before I laughed and I couldn't talk anymore.Our laughter was cut short,though,by Mrs Weasley's shouting.

"Arthur!"she exclaimed.She had risen from her chair; her hand was pressed over her heart and she was staring out of the kitchen window. "Arthur,it's Percy!"

Sure enough Pratface-Cough,cough.I mean Percy-Weasley was striding up the garden with the Minister of Magic himself.Percy walked straight in the back door.I had to put a hand on George's shoulder as he made a step forward but it was not to give him a hug.

There was a moment's painful silence. Then Percy said rather stiffly, "Merry Christmas, Mother."

"Oh, Percy!" said Mrs. Weasley, and she threw herself into his arms.

Rufus Scrimgeour paused in the doorway, leaning on his walking stick and smiling as he observed this affecting scene.

"You must forgive this intrusion," he said, when Mrs. Weasley looked around at him, beaming and wiping her eyes. "Percy and I were in the vicinity,working, you know,and he couldn't resist dropping in and seeing you all."

It was hard to believe this.Neither Mr Weasley, Fred or George believed it either.They were all looking at him coldly.

Scrimgeour asked Harry to show him the garden and Remus rose from his chair but I took my hand off George'a shoulder and put it on Remus'.

"He's fine Remus"I said quietly and Scrimgeour looked at me and I stared defiantly back.They walked out and an awkward silence filled the room.The first to get up was George.He walked slowly towards Percy and Percy straightened his glasses.George smiled at him before he punched him.

"George!"I exclaimed as Mrs Weasley let out a sob.Percy'a glasses were broken and his nose was gushing blood.

"Yes!Listen to the murder's daughter!"Percy shouted,taking off his glasses.Then I punched him.

----------------------------------------------------A/N Okay I know I promised romance but the whole next chapter will be romantic I promise with a whole day of George and I'll do stuff from both Viola's and Cece's povs on their relationships.Thanks to 'tallgirl13' and 'georgiaanstitch' for fanning.Oh and who do you think should be cast as Emily?