A little visit

(Emily's pov) 

I sat in some corridor in the middle of nowhere.Well it was in the school but nobody ever used this corridor.I don't know why.It's a nice corridor.I didn't know what time it was.It was late,I knew that much. After the revelation that Cece made I needed space,time to think.

It was hard to believe that I was celebrating Gryffindor's win a couple of hours ago.It seemed silly now.When I had been playing that match Christine had been in Saint Mungo's.She wouldn't give in.She didn't tell him the prophecy.So he broke her.

Nobody told me that she had been captured. Perhaps I could have saved her.Perhaps I couldn't have but either way nobody had told me.She had been taken late December.Five months and nobody told me.Five whole months.

He captured her for more than one reason. One was of course to get the prophecy. Another was to find out if she was the child of the prophecy.Christine was born on the sixteenth of August,mid August just like me. All Voldemort knew before Monsieur Laurent told him was that a girl had inherited power and was born in mid August.I am ashamed to admit that part of me wanted it to be Christine.Her mother might have been a seer.She might have inherited that.But somehow I knew it was me.

I was surprised she lasted that long without Voldemort doing anything and I got a horrible feeling that maybe he did do something.Was Yvonne okay?Was Madame Laurent okay?He obviously didn't take her silence with a good heart.

When I saw Madame Laurent's smiling photo in the Daily Prophet the next morning I wasn't surprised.That didn't mean it didn't effect me.I just wasn't surprised.It was just a normal Sunday to everyone else.Cece came down about five minutes after I read the paper and she looked exhausted.It didn't bother ask her if she was okay.It always annoyed me when people asked me that when no sane person would be okay.Like after my dad died everyone kept on asking me that and that they were sorry and that they understand. Everyone understands.

"Dumbledore is allowing us to leave the school at different times.The Healers don't want to overwhelm her.When her dad came in she attacked him"Cece said quietly.I honestly didn't blame Christine for attacking her precious 'Papa'.He was a grouchy man,who had been bitten by a werewolf in my fifth year.I probably would have attacked him too.

"When do I get to go?"I asked and Cece looked down at her watch.

"In fifteen minutes"she replied simply.

As you can imagine fifteen minutes wasn't a lot I time for a normal teenage girl to get ready but I wouldn't really consider myself a normal teenage girl.I was dressed and ready within five minutes and I met Dumbledore outside his office.

"Please notify me when you are back or if you are staying longer than expected.Just tell the healer that you are her cousin. Change your hair and eyes"Dumbledore demanded and I blinked.I was guessing that I had dark orange hair and brown eyes because Dumbledore gave me the portkey. He could have just let me apparate but it would look fishy.

It was odd to say the least,speaking in a French accent again,adding in random French words whenever I felt like it.After a minute I had convinced the healer that I was Sophie Laurent,Christine's nonexistent cousin.I was led through multiple hallways until we finally reached the room that Christine was in.She got her own room because she made too much noise when she screamed.They are really compassionate here.

Monsieur Laurent sat outside the room with his head in his hands.He looked like he hadn't washed in days and his light brown hair looked almost black with grease and dirt.

"Mon oncle!Eet is moi,Sophie!"I exclaimed and he looked up and glared at me,his eyes just like Christine's,it was scary.

"Sophie"he said slowly and I started to panic,not wondering if it was going to work, if he would go along with it."I'll talk zo you after you visit Christy"